DMH Cherry Fillet herd bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

GAL

Just took this picture of our herd bull DMH Cherry Fillet Reg. # 4184918 son of Weston Trademark 3rd (Fillet).  We used him on about 20 heifers last year.  His first calves should be coming March 10th.  Can't wait!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8331 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_8331 (800x533).jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 439

justintime

Looks like a very good bull. I can still remember Fillet walking the pastures at Weston. He was a majestic, impressive bull. His daughters were even better. Sound, moderate and good udders. 

RyanChandler

That's the type of barrel body I like to see!  Maybe if the breeder would have submitted actual performance information we could have a better overall idea of his usefulness.  Do you have them recorded? That's the bad thing about those old EPDs- they're just arbitrary numbers. 

GAL

We do have a little semen on him now but will be collecting him again this spring, that will be for sale.

As far as preference data on the bull he was an ET calf.  I gave all the info to Dennis Hoffrogge but he never turned it into the ASA.  BW 79  WW 605  YW 1190.  We weighed him Feb. 17th and he weighed 1604.

Attached is a maternal brother we are selling in our private treaty bull sale.  He is sired by BALL DEE PERFECT COUNT.

Attachments

• Z63 (800x504).jpg
    Z63 (800x504).jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 372

Cham2135

GAL said:
Attached is a maternal brother we are selling in our private treaty bull sale.  He is sired by BALL DEE PERFECT COUNT.

Do you have any more info on your sale: when, where ext.

GAL

As for the sale we have, it is a Private Treaty sale.  We have the bulls pre priced and it is on a First Come First Serve Basis.  This is the 2nd year that we have done a small catalog.  There will be 23 bulls we are offering.  We should have it to print by early next week.  I will post it on steer planet once it is done.

The scan data will be back next week.

EaglesNest

GAL said:
We do have a little semen on him now but will be collecting him again this spring, that will be for sale.

As far as preference data on the bull he was an ET calf.  I gave all the info to Dennis Hoffrogge but he never turned it into the ASA.  BW 79  WW 605  YW 1190.  We weighed him Feb. 17th and he weighed 1604.

When you get dmh cherry fillet collected I would like to purchase some. Also wondered if you are going to collect dmh maverick? i like both of these bulls since they qualify for Native in AMSS.

Thanks,
[email protected]

beebe

I saw some Cherry Fillet calves a couple of days ago, I am impressed with the depth and capacity.

GAL

The Cherry Fillet calves are looking really good right now.  I will try to get some pictures of the 2015 calves. I have attached a couple pictures of Cherry Fillet bulls we had in our sale last spring.
The red bull scanned .29 BF 11.2 REA 4.21 IMF
The roan bull scanned .35 BF 12.4 REA 3.47 IMF

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 236

librarian

I saw some and they were EXTRA nice.
Looked like he was moderating frame size and transmitting capacity. Nice heads. I thoroughly wanted one. Grass fed perfect.