Do Manchild calves come early? What is your experience with him?

Help Support Steer Planet:

bar5

We have a 5yr old cow this is her 3rd calf she is bred to Manchild and isn't due until Feb 23rd. noticed a mucus discharge 1 week ago and then again on sunday. Since Sunday she has pretty much had a continual discharge of mucus. When she lays down she seems to have urinary incontinence because sometimes seems to have a continual drip of fluid I am assuming is urine. She is dilated and bagged down.She has always had her calves unassisted. Lately she has not been to interested in her grain(which isn't very much) but she will still eat hay. looks like she is miserable.  Last year she was bred to Hollywood and calfed about right on the due date or a day later. the year before that she was bull bred so really don't know if she was early or late. So what are your thoughts. is 2weeks early to early if she happens to have it today.  will we have problems with the calf? Thanks for any advice in advance.

Sly

had a heatwave about 3 weeks early.  He did real good considering july heat in oklahoma. Maybe she is running out room and just miserable. I bet maybe just worring too much thats what I do!

Darkside

I have had 4 manchilds in the past years, They did not come early or easy but when they get here there is nothing that loves life any more