Doc

Help Support Steer Planet:

BBB

Need info on a bull called Doc,sire, dam, any thing else about him? thanks.

OH Breeder

There were several bulls that had the name "Doc" can you give an idea of what breed? There was just a few short years ago Doc Holiday which was shorthorn/clubby.

jbw

Maybe the DOC that Wade, Russ and now someone else owns????

He makes 'em stout, soft, chunky.... use with CAUTION on hfrs. 

I use him on wet 2's. 

CAB

Wade sold his share I thought, but don't know 100%. Jeff Maas owns most of him now. He has a site on showsteers.com.

Chap

Jeff Maas and Lonny Sievers own him now.  Sievers had a nice set last year on bred heifers.  attached pdf flyer.
I have him bred to my clubby heifers this year.  will start this weekend.  He is moderate, big middled and correctly made.  stout for his pedigree and looks to maintain hair.  I don't know if a tom cat is a surefire calving ease deal on HW daughters but this guy is as close as they come while still maintaining some quality.

Attachments

• MAAS SHOW CATTLE - DOC.pdf
    360.8 KB · Views: 124

jbw

Helped a neighbor do a C-section on Northern Improvement X Maximus,  around 115.I have seen some bigguns out of him, but they are good  I agree Chap,  tomcats can have big shoulders you know!! 

r.n.reed

The Doc I know was a white Shorthorn bull called Weston Surprise 14th and used in the Mcmartin Herd in Minn.during the 70'S.I understand a group of Shorthorn breeders are expecting some embryo calves sired by him this spring.

Chap

i had my first Doc (OCC Doctor x Sim/angus) last night.  Heifer calf on a Heat Wave x Wonder 1st calf heifer. 7 days early to AI date.  wieghed on the scale about 3 hours after unassisted birth at 62 lbs.  good vigor, boxy, nice boned, hariy calf.  i am very pleased.  hope the rest of the heifers calve this easy.

jeffmaas

BBB said:
Need info on a bull called Doc,sire, dam, any thing else about him? thanks.
  Sorry, had trouble getting logged on. Thanks to all my friends for letting me know about the interest on Doc.  He is out of an OCC Doctor son, and a 3/4 angus x chi-siimi cow. So far this year i am hearing of no problems with his calving. Ocasionally there might be a bull calf that you will have to get started, but generally once you get the head out your good. I custom bred 18 heifers for my neighbor, that will start around the 7th of march, so we will get a better idea then. We have semen banked on him at Nichols, or at my place, or Lonny's.  Thanks, Jeff