does yellow jacket work on maine cows?

Help Support Steer Planet:

LCC#2

i have this really big big boned maine heifer that needs some major depth would he work good for her

Attachments

• 8b023466-7ba6-4399-9331-c8fee25dd095.doc
    453 KB · Views: 172

Bradenh

to answer you topic question. yes he works on maine cows. but to answer you specific no he does not work on maine heifers. or any heifers for that matter. not worth it to breed a charx maine to a show heifer thats on feed.

LCC#2

well we just bred her so so she would be done and a cow by the time we bred her to yellow jacket

chambero

Depth is not Yellowjacket's strength.  If that is what you really need, look elaewhere.

Bradenh

he will add bone and soundness, but he is usually used to 'feminine up' cattle that are too wide or powerful, your best bet in my mind for sheer power is still milk man or alias. mabey even hooter if you can find semen on him

LCC#2

she needs to be more  feminine and powerful she's really good and bad in her own way

Bradenh

i think he can work on her regardless. i personally show a steer out of him and a maine x (godfather) cow and i have decided we are going to breed 60% of our a.i cows to him just for the bone and soundness and completeness. he can sire them stout alot of the time as well. dont get me wrong. his dimension is just questionable on a calf if the mama isnt really dimensional 

LCC#2

she has tons of but and muscle but she needs to be feminine and be toned done a bit

dimebag

If you bred that heifer to yellow jacket , you better make sure she's at the vet clinic when it's time for her to calve . I've had about 10 born and all of them were 85 lbs +