Double Dip - What's in There??

Help Support Steer Planet:

wildcatcattle

We really like to rinse cattle after washing with double dip and vinegar? I would like to make my own double dip to use at home. Does anyone know the ingredients? I think it is vinegar and something else.

shortyjock89

I think Double Dib is really similar to Kleen Sheen and Vinegar mixed together.  We dump conditioner diluted with water over the calves every other day to keep their hair soft and healthy.  We use laser sheen and vinegar for daily use. 

wildcatcattle

We dip the cattle with double dip diluted in a bucket of water. Dump over the calf after washing then comb in. I could try sheen and vinegar.

shortyjock89

Suave conditioner and white vinegar from Wal Mart is much cheaper than Double Dip. Laser Sheen concentrate is $12 or so for a12 oz bottle that makes a gallon of sheen. 

stangs13

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Suave conditioner and white vinegar from Wal Mart is much cheaper than Double Dip. Laser Sheen concentrate is $12 or so for a12 oz bottle that makes a gallon of sheen. 

Exactly what we do!!!

NHR

stangs13 said:

Exactly what we do!!!

Which Suave conditioner are you using? We currently mix a little Mane and Tail with Vinegar in a bucket of water and then pour it (dip) on our calves, works good for us.

stangs13

NHR said:
stangs13 said:

Exactly what we do!!!

Which Suave conditioner are you using? We currently mix a little Mane and Tail with Vinegar in a bucket of water and then pour it (dip) on our calves, works good for us.

We actually use the mane and tail conditioner instead of suave...but i need to go get some to try since im out.  We will normally do this at night. Double dip and a diff hair care product( pm for details :D)..in the morning...and KS/V, mane and tail dip, and revive at night.. The mix is diluted enough to not weigh down the hair even with the revive. The hair has really started to grow, and they look better than ever!!

shorthorn boy

I use maine and tail but bought some suave and use that every other day and I actually really like the suave conditioner I always leave the maine an tail in but I scrub in and rinse out the suave. I dilute the conditioner in a bucket of water too but is it better to mix some vinegar in that as well, I do use the kleen sheen/vinegar mix as well.

lynle1234

We dilute downy or any type of conditioner to moisturize the hair.  We only use vinegar at the shows. 

wildcatcattle

I used to use suave conditioner and vinegar but I feel I get less dandruff and better hair pop with the double dip instead of the suave conditioner. I have never used the laser sheen. Is ii just a concentrated version of Kleen sheen? (dog)

lowann

A conditioner that works fantastic for us is TRESemme Smooth and Silky, plus a little vinegar. We mix it in a 5 gallon pail for rinsing. Leave it in, and blow them dry. It's light, and doesn't weigh the hair down like Mane & Tail.
I also use a special spray in conditioner I mix myself for  hair repair, skin conditioning. Works great. Our show calves are NEVER in coolers, very little under fans, and their hair looks pretty darn good.