Double Dip

Help Support Steer Planet:

DPShowCattle

after i wash or rinse and get them dry ill spray them with a light mist of double dip and comb it in and put them infront of fans it really helps to eliminate any dandruff and get any left over soap out of them and also gives there hair coat a nice shine

J

JTM

We recently used it to get some hair on a couple of heifers going in the right direction. We seen results with the first application and it continued to help with training the hair. Makes the hair pop out also. We used it in a similar way as DPShowcattle. Not sure if it stimulated hair growth or not. I don't know how it would.

flacowman

from the benefits you listed dps, vinegar would work equally as well.  I've never used DD so I'm not bashing it but I do know that vinegar is quite possibly the single best hair product there is for growth and shine/health/etc.

flacowman

I like 1/3 each of thise plus 1/3 vinegar, but leave out the vinegar and it's still a good mix

flacowman

Winter mix:  kleen sheen and vinegar half n half.  Summer mix: For a gallon: a quart kleen sheen, bout a cup of infusium, a few tablespoons i guess (just a healthy squirt) of liniment, and top it off with vinegar.  I like these and have consistently had calves with 3 or so inches of hair for september shows in Florida and South AL/GA.  That is of course with daily, usually twice a day rinsing, fans 24/7, misters until about 30 minutes before good dark, and a good shady pen (our barn burned so we use the 75 year old live oaks that came with the place now, I like the trees better myself)

flacowman

yes but the vinegar is more for the skin.  Healthy skin means healthy hair and the vinegar will do that

flacowman

right.  It's also CHEAP and stretches out your expensive products while actually making them better.  It also helps straighten wavy hair too.

flacowman

yep. not a lot though and it may not do anything but I think it does therefore it is good lol.  If it chills the skin like they say it does then it might help keep them cooler.  It's just kinda one of those things I do just because

flacowman

in a sprayer bottle a few tablespoons, in a gollon etc, adjust for the specific amount.  More won't hurt but it's expensive so I don't use much