Double leader daughter

Help Support Steer Planet:

3 Eagles shorthorns

This is a double leader daughter and her calf. As you can see she is not the biggest or faniest cow but she is a cow I wish to build a herd around. This little cow weighs maybe 1200 pounds and this fall her heifer calf will weigh 650. This is only her second calf and I think she is doing pretty well. The calf is sired by the Harvey Fulton bull of wally's. It doesn't always work but it seems these older genetics in this calf are keeping up with most of my crossbred cattle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 347

Dale

Is that Ka'ba Double Leader or another?  Her calf is impressive. 

3 Eagles shorthorns

The calfs sire is the bull Wally calls Harvey Fulton. Grandson of ransom 32z I beleive twice. And the double leader bull of Wally is straight shorthorn. I have some other calves by him and they are stout! I started off these deal a little worried but the calves are coming along

3 Eagles shorthorns

Here is a picture of another heifer calf out of the same bull. She is not as stout but she has a nice feminine look to her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 253

Duncraggan

3 Eagles shorthorns said:
This is a double leader daughter and her calf. As you can see she is not the biggest or faniest cow but she is a cow I wish to build a herd around. This little cow weighs maybe 1200 pounds and this fall her heifer calf will weigh 650. This is only her second calf and I think she is doing pretty well. The calf is sired by the Harvey Fulton bull of wally's. It doesn't always work but it seems these older genetics in this calf are keeping up with most of my crossbred cattle.
I'd rather have a cow that breeds calves like this than a show winner that breeds rats, or dead calves!