Dr. WHo, next big thing?

Help Support Steer Planet:

dn91

Now I know that Dr. Who has been around for awhie, to my knowledge he is no longer alive. For a bull whose semen isn't above $50, wouldn't he be the best bull for your buck. I don't have any cows out of him but I've heard he makes really nice heifers but his steers don't make show steers. I'm thinking of using him a little bit and storing some semen on him in case his semen goes up in price. Just lookng for everyones opinions on this bull. I know he's a good bull but is he the next big thing?

ruhtram

I showed a couple decent steers..He probably doesn't compare to HW in ability to make those great steers but Dr.Who's steers aren't complete throw aways. I don't think he will become anymore popular just because they didn't feel the need to clone him, but who knows I could be wrong.

iowabeef

We are showing a Dr. Who heifer out of a monopoly cow this year.  Best heifer we have raised. 

Freerider

Calved out a DrWho heifer this past spring. Super motherly, very aggressive for a month but has now relaxed.; some wouldn't like this, but i love the job she did.

The predator calf she had is our 2nd best heifer.

ChristaCheatham

I just bought a Dr. Who x Monopoly heifer! Hope she turns out well like you guys are talking about

DLD

Not hardly the next big thing, but he is under-rated.  He doesn't add that super mass and power that was essential for a show steer 8 or 10 years ago, so he prob'ly suffered some from being about the same age as the most successful (and most heavily promoted) club calf sire to date. 

I remember seeing him on display at Denver as a calf.  I liked him alot then, but never got around to using him much.  Got a couple of nice females, and a friend of mine raised a really good bull out of him and a Meyer 734 daughter.  I cleaned up with him one fall, and that was from top to bottom maybe the best set of calves I've ever had.

farmboy

I'm considering breeding most of my cows to DW next season in hopes of some nice replacements. I love my dr Who females and I showed a very nice steer out of him several years ago raised by LT. They are very stylish, deep sided, fleshy cattle if you ask me. TH free as well and I've yet to see an unsound one or a bald one

irh

We are showing a Dr. Who-Ali, she is a Feb. that we raised.  She is awsome, won her class at a show  Sat.  We're hoping for good things out of her.  I know we will continue to bred to Dr. Who, got one coming for next  year.

Latest posts