Draft Pick Daughter?

Help Support Steer Planet:

vet tech

Our draftpick cow was in heat thismorning. We are going to breed her tonight. I was wondering what we should breed her to? Im looking for a cool steer calf and she is kinda bigger framed. I have HeatWave, monopoly,alias,paleface,smooth sailing,milkman,ali,eyes on the money,manchild,dr.who,hannibal,moody blues,
Thanks and I need ideas asap! :)

Chap

if she is nice necked and less than 50% angus I would go with Monopoly.  But i would also consider Smooth Sailing to get some Flush influence into her.  Full Flush x Draft Pick has been a winning combo for quite a while.  a little heat wave influence to soften them up and add hair and feeding ability should enhance it further.

VJ

WMW or Dr Who have worked well on my DP daughter.

vet tech

Thabks for the responses everybody! I really appreciate it! keep them coming ;). I was originally thinking HW just because all I want out of this cow is a good steer! She is a pha carrier and is getting very old, her udder is starting to become disperportioned as well and I don't want a heifer calf to carry that poor udder into the herd. So I figured that if I get a heifer out of HW or a son I will be much much less tempted to keep the calf because of HW poor maternal traits. She has a huge foot to here and a awesome hip and Im just guna pray that I get her stuck and pray its a bull calf! :)

Ric

I would go with Monopoly, he will downsize the cow