Draggin Shag Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Showcattle21

Well i have a very little cow herd that im just starting and i was wondering if anyone would recommend Draggin Shag right now i currently have a Smokin Joe Heifer half simmi half maine and she had to be bred to a clean up bull but i also have a Carnac cow that is bred to boardwalk to add depth of rib and bone and the next thing i need is HAIR in my Lautner Farms magazine it says his back leg measures 1 foot across when fitted and i was wondering if anyone would suggest him and if so which cow to use him on
ALSO-if there was another cow that would add hair that you would suggest please suggest it

Thanks ALot,

Scottie

DakotaCow

If you plan on doing this for a while I would recommend using a bull to first multiply your cowherd, what I mean is shoot for heifers. Find a bull that consistantly puts good calves on the ground regarless of sex. I would recomment using a simmy bull that is proven to work on a variety of cows, not a hot up and coming bull with no calves on the ground. Too many people think that the new bulls are always the best. When you have done your homework and have a sound foundation then you can gear up and shoot for hair and showy cattle while still raising functional cattle with cows that require little more that monitoring and a little TLC in the winter. Hope this helps. <cowboy>