DROUGHT & SOME FALL CALVES

Help Support Steer Planet:

kobo_ranch

Well.. its been awhile since I've been on been pretty busy for a long time.  Been so doggone dry here around our parts pretty tough on this fall calving and working on club calf crop.  Wanted to post a few quick shots I took yesterday out the pickup window.  Not great but would love some thoughts on them..  Have several nice boys and even some little girls too.  Our boys are done showing so all will be for sale come March.
Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years! 

Attachments

• IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 636

cpubarn

I really like number 13.

It gets me excited for calves in a month or so...  Kind of like a kid just before Christmas...

chambero

Glad your surviving and good to hear from you.  Seems like the weather pattern is turning a little wetter down here.

Bulldaddy

Looks like you are doing well considering the extended drought. Nice set of colored calves by the way. Actually, my fall calves are doing great in this cool, dry weather.  No sick calves and they are eating like horses.  Sure wish I could train them to pay the feed bill. lol

kobo_ranch

Hey well thanks for the comments... I really like several of our calves this year.  Invested in some really nice short thick Charolais cows last summer all bred to nice bulls.  Can't wait to start halter breaking and working them.  The #13 is actually a heifer calf... hope we can get her classified and registered for something she is really looking good.  Have several younger calves which are promising too.  If we can just get through this awful dry winter and feeding daily...
Calling for snow tomorrow believe it or not... we're hoping it will since we can't get any rain!