Dubai

Help Support Steer Planet:

5VSC

I was wanting to pick your alls brains about the Griswald bull GCC ECC Dubai 56s. I wanted to know about his calving and how the calves grow. Also how you think to breed him.

DTW

I got two of them this spring both born unassisted.  Both are jet black with good hair for being used on th free cows.  Both are very struturally correct.  They say to use him on long neck clean fronted cows.  Both of mine are very good fronted.  Only week old right now so will know more in time.  I taped them and they taped at 75 and 83 lbs at birth.  Shaped right also.
Both calved at day 278 and 276 days gestation.

cdl

i have a dubai heifer out of a meyer/angus cow. she wieghed about eighty pounds (guess) and looks really nice. about two weeks ago someone posted a picture of two irish whisky  et calves. my heifer has almost identical markings to the black heifer with the splash of white on her forhead and white hind pasterns.

savaged

Dubai Maine heifer I purchased last October.  She is very correct,  moderate framed,  great hair,  and is developing a very good udder.  She had a nice Mercedes Benz calf this spring.

Attachments

• 147X.jpg
    147X.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 229

RankeCattleCo

Savaged-
Not trying to highjack a post, but what was your calving experience with Benz on a first calver?  What were BW's like?  Was the calf chromed up?  Considering him or I-80 for both a Milkman x PB Angus heifer and a Milkman x Jazzy heifer.

Thanks,
Ryan

savaged

RankeCattleCo said:
Savaged-
Not trying to highjack a post, but what was your calving experience with Benz on a first calver?  What were BW's like?  Was the calf chromed up?  Considering him or I-80 for both a Milkman x PB Angus heifer and a Milkman x Jazzy heifer.

Thanks,
Ryan

The Benz heifer (below) came  easy and was very low birth weight (50 lbs).  She is growing well.

Attachments

• Benz 2 months resized.jpg
    Benz 2 months resized.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 215

RankeCattleCo

Savaged-
WOW.  If I wasn't convinced to use Benz I sure am now!!

Does anyone have any Dubai calves?  I'd be interested in some if any one will have spring borns...