DUH- anybody else get inquires like this?

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

Had an inquiry about Shorthorn embryos-guy didnt know who Cates Farms are, who WHR Sonny is , who Aldens are,etc. etc. Sorry-when he asked me if there were any Shorthorns in ILLINOIS-(DOES A BEAR USE CHARMIN TISSUE?)I more or less asked him to have someone call me who is maybe able to give a second opinion-it then went on like a job interview,I dont think its anybodies business about what am I going to do with my life?Im just selling some giveaway high known pedigree embryos cheap.WE should have new SP Show-ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A COW??? O0

scotland

get those kinds of questions,  all the time from around the world, you should have sent your guy to the Kentucy sale, i c emybros at $150.00 ea... crazy.. throw them on the floor at that price!

Aussie

Mark. A few things I would like to say about this. Firstly I am very impressed with the quality of the Shorthorn cattle on this board and the depth of knowledge of people who discuss these cattle. The more I see the more I think maybe I could try some of these. I have no knowledge of breed families other than what I have read here and a small amount of research I have done. The fact that if I set in to this breed I would have a huge resource to bounce ideas off would be a great help. I am not new to cattle or breeding but I have sent dumb pms to people like your enquiry but that does not mean that down the track I would not buy some embryos. It is easy to send a pm some times with out a lot of thought or have it taken the wrong way. We are not all time wasters some of us are just slow to make decisions where a new direction and money is concerned. I have had people talk to me at a show and three years later turn up to buy a bull.

thunderdownunder

Aussie said:
Mark. A few things I would like to say about this. Firstly I am very impressed with the quality of the Shorthorn cattle on this board and the depth of knowledge of people who discuss these cattle. The more I see the more I think maybe I could try some of these. I have no knowledge of breed families other than what I have read here and a small amount of research I have done. The fact that if I set in to this breed I would have a huge resource to bounce ideas off would be a great help. I am not new to cattle or breeding but I have sent dumb pms to people like your enquiry but that does not mean that down the track I would not buy some embryos. It is easy to send a pm some times with out a lot of thought or have it taken the wrong way. We are not all time wasters some of us are just slow to make decisions where a new direction and money is concerned. I have had people talk to me at a show and three years later turn up to buy a bull.

If you decide to get into 'the breed that built Australia', let me know!  ;)

trevorgreycattleco

I wish there was a icon on here for patting yourself on the back. ::)

Whenever I meet someone new to the biz I try to remember how dumb I was at first.

Aussie, I have no doubt if you ever ventured into the shorties, you would do well. In our conversations, I have come to the conclusion you are a good cattleman with a knack for breeding good animals. Your pics and knowledge leave me no doubt. Heck you even sent my boy and myself hats from down under! You ever want some embryos or semen mate you just let me know. I will do my best to shoot you straight.

kfacres

trevorgreycattleco said:
I wish there was a icon on here for patting yourself on the back. ::)

Whenever I meet someone new to the biz I try to remember how dumb I was at first.

Aussie, I have no doubt if you ever ventured into the shorties, you would do well. In our conversations, I have come to the conclusion you are a good cattleman with a knack for breeding good animals. Your pics and knowledge leave me no doubt. Heck you even sent my boy and myself hats from down under! You ever want some embryos or semen mate you just let me know. I will do my best to shoot you straight.

poetic R we? <party>

mark tenenbaum

Aussie said:
///Had the same thing,and I dont mind pointing people to the right info,(Im constantly interjecting my HUMBLE OPINIONS)-its not so much not knowing what the cattle etc are:as much  as posing questions that question  my integrity,and in essence-have nothing to do with the product at hand. O0

aandtcattle

mark tenenbaum said:
Aussie said:
///Had the same thing,and I dont mind pointing people to the right info,(Im constantly interjecting my HUMBLE OPINIONS)-its not so much not knowing what the cattle etc are:as much  as posing questions that question  my integrity,and in essence-have nothing to do with the product at hand. O0
Mark,
I have sold a lot of shorthorn bulls this year privately to new customers.  These cowboys and cowgirls know good cattle and they know exactly what they want and every single one of them had been screwed over by a seedstock breeder before they came to my house.  These commercial people are very leary of people selling bulls for this reason.  It takes time to build a solid relationship with clientele that havent been bent over the barrel recently and it takes even longer to gain trust from someone who got screwed last bull buying season.  If this somebody was overly nosey about things other than the cattle you had for sale and more specifically, you and your character in general, I would have to say that he has had a terrible experience buying cattle recently.  Answer the man's questions and thank your lucky stars he called you and not your competition.  If he didnt know who Sonny or CF was, he is obviously new to the shorthorn arena and needs a guiding hand in finding the right ones for him to get started with.  Personally, if this person is a commercial guy, I don't know how you can expect him to know Sonny and CF?

kfacres

trevorgreycattleco said:
I got many hidden talents bro. O0

Bragging about sales to Yemen isnt one of them. <beer>
(cow) (clapping) :)

wish there was a SUPER SMILEY to post.. those will have to work.. x 3 fold
aandtcattle said:
mark tenenbaum said:
Aussie said:
Mark,
I have sold a lot of shorthorn bulls this year privately to new customers.  These cowboys and cowgirls know good cattle and they know exactly what they want and every single one of them had been screwed over by a seedstock breeder before they came to my house.  These commercial people are very leary of people selling bulls for this reason.  It takes time to build a solid relationship with clientele that havent been bent over the barrel recently and it takes even longer to gain trust from someone who got screwed last bull buying season.  If this somebody was overly nosey about things other than the cattle you had for sale and more specifically, you and your character in general, I would have to say that he has had a terrible experience buying cattle recently.  Answer the man's questions and thank your lucky stars he called you and not your competition.  If he didnt know who Sonny or CF was, he is obviously new to the shorthorn arena and needs a guiding hand in finding the right ones for him to get started with.  Personally, if this person is a commercial guy, I don't know how you can expect him to know Sonny and CF?

now that's the TRUTH..

sell them what they want, and need.. instead of what you want them to need.. and you'll befriend them for life...  huh? tgcc???  <party>  you'd make a good one>  <party> 

anyways...  this is what I've lived and (going to die over) telling it the way it is.. tell them the negitive side...  I've made some some pretty good customers doing this.. and friends too!

mark tenenbaum

Wasnt a commercial guy was an investor -and involved embryos which are a different deal of sorts,then buying a bull.Said he had a Shorthorn breeder in Illinois that he did embryos with then asks if there are any Shorthorns in Illinois,that sort of thing. O0