Durafan Work Horse Basket Fans

Help Support Steer Planet:

hillvalley

I am buying some barn fans and was comparing Schaefer Fans to Sullivan's , they are both priced comparable, but then came across the brand Durafan, the specs of the Durafan Work Horse are the exact same as the Schaefer Versa-Kool (haven't been able to find the RPM and CFM specs for Sullivan's fans).  The biggest difference is price, the Durafan is about $80 cheaper than both Schaefer and Sullivan's.  Has anyone used a Durafan before, how does it compare, if you already have a Durafan and were purchasing additional fans what would you buy?

Thanks for your help,
Chad

OH Breeder

I bought two 30" Wall Mount Fan Durafans. The quality of the cage and the baldes is NO WHERE near Schaefer or Sullvan but they are cheaper. They do move lots of air and they are variable speed. the only thing I have to watch the calves like to run on them and the cages bend very easy. Good thing is the blades bend back very easy. If you want a cheap solution they do work to move air but they are not made of the same materials.

PS
I have two schaefers 24" and four sullivans turbo's. My sullivans have fallen apart with blades coming loose and cages wiggling loose. The Schaefer's have lasted and are much quieter than the sullivans. I have had zero problems with the schaefer fans.

showcat

I think a lot of people have tried the Durafan.  There is a reason why it's cheaper.  They flat out do not hold up.  The fan that I've had the best luck with holding up by far is the Turbo.  The cage lasts forever and the motor has heavier duty specs than the Schaefer.  I used to use Schaefers and had bad luck with the cages always getting beat up.  The Schaefer has a tendency to bust off between the cage and the motor mount.  The Turbo blows the most air and is by far has the most durable cage.  The motor has the highest rated specs of all livestock fans.

D

dogger

I've got to say, we've only had Turbos.  After seeing our neighbors fight their Schaefers time and time again with the cage bending too easy and the motors not lasting as long, we decided the Sullivan Turbo was the best bet.  We've been using them hard for 3 or 4 years with great luck.

sparty

Here's my take on it. We have had a couple of Schafer fans for 15 yrs. Still running. Cages are bent a little, but run fine and move alot of air.Got 3 sullivan fans too. Cages have been abused and hold up well. If it were up to me ,I would buy the Schafer fans to stay at home in the show barn and buy the Sullivan fan to take to the shows. Just priced some new schafer fans from a local dairy supply at 240 delivered to my door. Sullivan fan is 265 plus shipping. Price not a big deal if only buying 1-2.

woltemathangus

IMO. The Sullivan Showbarn Fans move air really well. We have them in our barns, but we take the turbo's to shows. Showbarn's are slightly heavier than the turbo.