Ear Tag fun

Help Support Steer Planet:

wpenrod

linnettejane said:
its so funny you would bring this up...i had been tossing this idea around in my head too...at the obe there was a lovely heifer that had light dusting of glitter all over her...under the sale lights she really sparkled! it was very sharp and classy looking.. i told my husband i want to use some of that!  and that she would have just looked adorable with some "ear rings"....hey, all girls need a little bling!   ;) 

One year we had a heifer with a tag in each year that had to be removed. We put too little light weight bull rings in each hole. She looked pretty good

Show Dad

OMG! That poor boy needs to watch some John Wayne movies. ;)

For real, if he likes then power to him. He's a good kid :)

My kids name there animals too. A hold over from doing the bucket calf project. But the boys have given their steers names like Magnum, Flame and Torch. No sissy stuff here.

steermomintx

Those are really cute!!

My kids name there steers and heifers--my son has International and John Deere this year and my daughter has a steer named Oscar.

Last year my daughter (who was 6 at the time) had a heifer named Rosie, one afternoon we left the house to go down to the barn to feed.  She comes out of the house with a bouquet of artificial flowers in her hand.  I asked her why she had them and she told me "duh Rosie's a girl she needs to feel girly"  all I could say was ok, so we had a bouquet of flowers in the barn all year for Rosie!!  Gotta love them!!

SWMO

Best bull calf to hit the ground last Spring ended up with Icakrus!  Icky for short. Thanks to the twins.  THAT WILL NOT go on the registration papers. :D

Jill

yeah! O0 (clapping)  (from Logan)
Gidget, Logan says WOW, I would like some of those for my calf, don't you know Earl would love that! 

oakbar

I circumvented the management and vocal youth at my house and registered our Gus calf as Oakbar Winchester last night---now I don't care what they call him in the barn----I still hope its not Wilbur,though!!