Easiest Calving Club Calf Bull?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Warrior10

I know it is a controversial topic, not even saying I plan on breeding my clubby heifers to a clubby bull, but I am just wondering what "clubby bull" you guys consider to be the easiest calving?

easttex

Ive never used him but a friend of mine uses a bull called Mr Driven sometimes. I am using I-80 this year but alot of people still are not sold on him as a calving ease bull.

willow

I will second Tiny Tim.  We have had a handfull of calves out of him and he works well for us.

CAB

If you are breeding Clubby bred heifers, it's really hard to find a better all around choice than Northern Improvement IMO. Total Solution gets quite a bit of use also, but I personally like the PB choice for these matings B/C next round is more opened up then.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
          CTR  SUCCESS  -WILL work and have trmendous females .....WE use also a   proven Charolais bull  called FAST COMPANY F69 and  NI son NORTHERN GUN 301 ..SOME of the supposedly heifer bulls  are just highly advertised  and there is a lot of other bulls that do just as good a job,but remember with all the different genetics you are trying to cover ,and also some of the clubby females and even simmi's don't much pelvic area unless you have measured them....Had a SIMMI half blood this year that we had a hard pull on a 70 ib calf that was shaped right ,just narrow type made heifer that had plenty of room from ANGUS Cow she was out of ....

dn91

I recently had about tenCharolais cross hefers bred to breathe easy and I don't think I touched one of them however the heifers had zero clubby in them so I can't help much, I will say try came out small and get stouter and hairier everyday, I wasn't sold on him before but I definetly recommend him

countyagent

ali, total solution, I-80, or Northern Improvement...pretty much the go to bulls for calving ease i the clubby deal

scottrob

I have been using Mercedes Benz the last 2 years on my heifers. Not just wasting a calf that way. No problems calving.

Bradenh

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
I know it is a controversial topic, not even saying I plan on breeding my clubby heifers to a clubby bull, but I am just wondering what "clubby bull" you guys consider to be the easiest calving?
the one that is bred to the easiest calving cow

Warrior10

Show stopper 95 said:
Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
the one that is bred to the easiest calving cow
Haha great answer! So true!

wyatt

drifter alot of people dont even know who he is but he is an ugly bull... i dont care for what he himself looks like but his calves are absolutely outstanding out of his calf crop alone about 2 or 3 years he has sired multiple grand and reserve champions ... nuff said

johnmetzger

I-80. Just had a bull calf out of a semmi-maine 1st time heifer that was 7 days late 68 lbs unassisted.

blinggirl

we had a I80 out of first calf heifer and it was 60lb ...and she was a well conditioned show heiferlol  :) ..needed no help