Eidiger Dispersal in Maryland.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

sue said:
Doc said:
sue said:
I heard the Gross was 200K or more .... Sullivan purchased many.   I just have to say to some "i told you so". (clapping)

What does that prove??? He may have been buying recips for all you know(unless he told you something different).

I think a long time shorthorn breeder deserves alittle more then a comment like that? RECIPS

I have a lot of respect for Dr Ediger & anyone else that can raise cattle that long. All I was saying was that just because Sullivan bought a bunch of cows from someone doesn't prove anything , other than Sullivan bought a bunch of cows. Wether Sullivan uses them to take his program to the next level or uses them as commercial cows or for recips remains to be seen.

r.n.reed

What is encouraging to me is that with a simple letter explaining a long time breeding program focused on economically relevant traits and a 1 page ad for promotion,Shorthorn breeders from across the country and including a good representation from the elite breeders were drawn to Maryland to bid on Ray's cattle.Could this be a sign that Shorthorn breeders are expanding their horizons? Time will tell if Ray's cattle will have any kind of impact on the breed, but a lot of them have been placed with people who can make a difference.

TMJ Show Cattle

Only seen the cattle from a catalog,didn't know much about the pedigree's, but a close friend delivered some heifers to that area and made a point to check out the sale. He said he was shocked at how many of the so-called prominent breeders that attended that sale..Don't know what anything brought,price wise as I didn't ask.I was told that South Dakota, Texas, Iowa, Wi.,and Ind. was well represented as was Ill, and Ohio. You can probably guess who the contingent from those states may have been.