Epic

Help Support Steer Planet:

WIshowgirl

We got 35 days until our county fair and I put our two steers on Epic about 5 days ago. They are up to the suggested amount (1 1/2 cups full)  but wondering if what is the max. we can feed them? They are also on rice bran (2 pounds a day per calf)and cottonseed hulls (2 Pounds a day per calf). They are under fans from 6am-8pm, I rinse them twice a day (morning and night) and brush them every chance I get. I also blow infusion 23/mane and tail/kleen sheen into them twice a day. Do you guys think they can at least grow a little hair in this short amount of time? They have about none right now!

shortyjock89

WIshowgirl said:
We got 35 days until our county fair and I put our two steers on Epic about 5 days ago. They are up to the suggested amount (1 1/2 cups full)  but wondering if what is the max. we can feed them? They are also on rice bran (2 pounds a day per calf)and cottonseed hulls (2 Pounds a day per calf). They are under fans from 6am-8pm, I rinse them twice a day (morning and night) and brush them every chance I get. I also blow infusion 23/mane and tail/kleen sheen into them twice a day. Do you guys think they can at least grow a little hair in this short amount of time? They have about none right now!

I don't know that the Epic will make a HUGE difference, but it won't hurt. Rinse them 3 times a day if you can, and brush them dry in the morning, only using a blower to put your sheen in.  The most important part is to have the hair you do have trained perfectly.