Even Better

Help Support Steer Planet:

Carlson Cattle

I know I post about allot of new bulls. But this one is the best one I've seen yet. I know also allot of people were wondering what the new Rodgers/Trausch bull that they owned together was going to look like... well here he is folks...

Attachments

• EB.jpg
    EB.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 758

Carlson Cattle

Here is a picture of him in the chute. He is a Man Among Boys X Heatwave (Glover 0454)

Attachments

• IMG_3683.jpg
    IMG_3683.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 681

knabe

what makes him the best yet?

he's got good hair, it even looks like his ears are fitted.

would like to see some nuts and actual muscle expression and feet structure. 

it's kinda hard to see through that perfect fitting job and grass.

your next post beat me too it. 

how would you rate his foot size?

todays fitting jobs make them look really small and all the "value" in the rear end instead of the top.

Carlson Cattle

The power from the side is outrageous and that clean neck what more could you ask for. The picture of him standing in the chute all of his feet a straight ahead.

FriedgesCharolais

Carlson i dont want to bash you at all and I do not mean any offense by this, but you can not tell anything from these pics. You cant see through hair and that is exactly what is giving his "outrageous power". The only way you can see anything is if there is a video of him then you can start to pic him apart a little bit especailly because they havent found a way to photoshop videos yet. But good observation on his feet being pointing forward. I would like to see him on the move because you cant tell structure from a picture

Carlson Cattle

HiddenCreekCattle said:
Carlson i dont want to bash you at all and I do not mean any offense by this, but you can not tell anything from these pics. You cant see through hair and that is exactly what is giving his "outrageous power". The only way you can see anything is if there is a video of him then you can start to pic him apart a little bit especailly because they havent found a way to photoshop videos yet. But good observation on his feet being pointing forward. I would like to see him on the move because you cant tell structure from a picture

Very true as soon as thers a video on him I will get it posted

Mainevent

He seems to have real small feet for his size in all honesty still think he looks cool but by looking at his foot size

RankeCattleCo

I think I like Rodger's Maternal Perfection and his maternal sib to I-80 (I believe sired by BIM, not positive though) Just from pictures I would say I would use MAB over this son in a heartbeat. Gonna have to wait for calf reports I guess

Carlson Cattle

RankeCattleCo said:
I think I like Rodger's Maternal Perfection and his maternal sib to I-80 (I believe sired by BIM, not positive though) Just from pictures I would say I would use MAB over this son in a heartbeat. Gonna have to wait for calf reports I guess

are there any calf reports on Maternal Perfection or I beleive? I know its early but since you said you like these bulls i was just wondering if there were any reports on the calves yet?

RankeCattleCo

I know Maternal Perfection is starting to drop a few now. Not sure on I Believe.. 5 lots of 10 sticks each just averaged around $900 in Rodger's online sale. Again, I was basing my liking off the bull, not the calves. Time will pick these young bulls apart.

Gargan

I'd be curious as to how he moves and his actual foot size. If someone from the yards could report, it would be appreciated.  (thumbsup)

Carlson Cattle

here is a picture of him in the yards.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1390075373398-792951.jpg
    ResizedImage_1390075373398-792951.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 384
  • 1511647_10152157684114936_2090285625_n...................jpg
    1511647_10152157684114936_2090285625_n...................jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 359

sizzler14

For me, He reminds me too much of Two Tone! I saw a good many two tones in my travels this year and saw pics of him from stud and the more I saw the less  and less I liked him. And I feel this bulls going to do the same for me. As an added note, this bull has about a Zero Percent shot of ever throwing a heifer worth keeping with his genetics and that plays a big factor in there for me as well. He would have been one hell of a steer though.

Carlson Cattle

DSC said:
Best bull in Denver in my opinion.

What did you like so much about him what were the best things he had to offer? Thanks for agreeing with me and saying hes good unlike some of the others on here

renegadelivestock

Mainevent said:
He seems to have real small feet for his size in all honesty still think he looks cool but by looking at his foot size
I agree that he seems to have small feet, as do a good many of the bulls on the market, having said that I often wonder if the small foot in a photo is as much an optical illusion because of all the leg hair, as it is actually small feet. would have to seem the in person to be sure.