Exciting Times at Agribition

Help Support Steer Planet:

vanridge

Torch said:
forcheyhawk said:
fed_champions said:
Ive seen hundreds of animals, pumped with sprite or 7-up, never 7 liters, but ive never seen them get sick or die from it. The fack that her nose turned blue make me think they got the liquid in her lungs and drowned the cow, anyone with pumping experience should have been able to avoid this. It is pretty obvious when it starts to go down the wrong pipe. Pumping is necessary in my mind, sometimes when cattle get to shows they stop eating and drinking, cattle look pretty horrible when they are rung out like this. It would be a waste of time to get stuck low in a class because of this, especially when there is a solution with a pump.

What a crock.  Pumping is not necessary.  If your cattle can't make the adjustments, then they shouldn't be winners.  Pumping should be illegal and IMO it is morally and ethically unacceptable.  Pumping should ONLY occur if the animal needs it to survive.  I bet that 90% of the time that it's done just for fill - the cattle have made the adjustments but don't have a desired look.  Where do we draw the line to fill them up?  I've heard of people airing calves.  Should we allow that too?  Is winning really that important?  Do you feel good about winning when you have to give up moral and ethical standards?  Sorry but I think some of you make too many compromises to good judgment to justify winning.  That's a sign of weakness.

It's all fun and games until someone loses their prize heifer. :'(
Are you kidding me? YOu really think they would have pumped her full of pop just because she was off her water? Sounds more like someone was looking to add depth and width to a cow and wether they are innocent or not.. they screwed up when they prodded it to the ring and stuffed her tongue back in her mouth when it kept falling out.  If you can't take the heat and compete  stay out of the show ring but quit this cheating crap. I've seen it done in the dairy barn and all you get is a fancy cull cow at the end of the year because you drugged, plugged, tubed  poked  the animal so much you have to take it home and shoot it. Grow up people!  Is taht what we want to teach our kids and show the rest of the world? If an animal is in distress,get it  checked out, if its your fault I'm glad you got nailed.And by the way, if you are so worried about your cow not eating and drinking and that's why you "need" to pump maybe you should consider pumping a coup[le liters of, say, I don't know, water into her! You know the stuff they need for survival!!! Would you pump your new born calf full of pop if it wasn't drinking? Cut the crap, you pump because you want to cheat.

Telos

... And yes there was some great cattle at the show as well but... Pumping these cattle is pure horse crap. The owner and  fitters hopefully learned a lesson. And that is why we discuss such things.  It's not uncommon down here in Texas. It needs to be outlawed.

Latest posts