Exiss vs 4 Star

Help Support Steer Planet:

BAC

Fixing to get a new trailer and have it narrowed down to Exiss or 4 Star based on pricing, location and availability.  Would like to get opinions on pros and cons of each

lightnin4

Can't comment on the Exiss because I've never really looked at one, but they look nice from a distance.  I've owned a 4 star for 12 years.  I can't say I have any complaints about it.  It's held up great and still looks like new after an acid wash.  We've used it to haul show cattle and around the farm.  We've had it packed full using it on the farm.  I'd say durability is excellent.

Cattle Cards

Had a new custom 4 Star when I showed horses in the early 90's.  It was the best.  If you're building a custom, add a ramp to the outside of the rear gate.  Drops down and makes loading and unloading much easier.  The cost is minimal.  Best of luck.

Rhj

We have 4star, great.  Usually dealers carry Exiss for a cheaper option than Elite.

Sambosu

We have a 4 star that is 21 years old has it was originally only used for show cattle . Once my brother, sister and myself graduated (1998) it has been used for everything, cattle, small tractors, horses, etc. The trailer is still very good shape, especially after an acid wash. Support Cattle Cards comment regarding ramp 100%. I sure wish we have one on ours since we now use it for my kids show cattle.

fourquarters

No question 4 Star is a higher quality trailer. We have also had Exiss trailers with no complaints at all. I think it just depends on your budget, how long you plan to keep the trailer and how frequently you will use it. Resale has been decent for us with either brand.

herfluvr

Consider the Exiss.  We have one.    We purchased the Exiss because the welds were better and the hardware was heavier and because it was not the 4Star name it was a bit cheaper.  Also the Warranty is 10 years and transferable.  Check them out.  Ask them who started the company.