Extremly loose stool

Help Support Steer Planet:

WBar Farms

I have a steer that is still eating well and seems fine but his stool shoots out.  Not really sure what his problem may be or what to do with him so any help would be great.

Stargell8

Man I have the same problem,5 heifers are fine 1 heifer is loose as a goose. I am lost.

rtmcc

Take a manure sample to your vet and have it checked for coccidioses and parasites first.  Both easy to treat and much more prevalent than people realize.  Especially this time of year when the calves have been moved around a lot and stressed.

Ron

nobody

Our steer last year did the exact same thing...we started him on vita charge paste and it worked really well.

willow

We had the same problem last year and we were also feeding HSC Finisher.  We were feeding two steers and one was fine and the other could shoot it through a screen door!  We did everything we could think of and finally the only thing that helped him was being on more complete feed and less hay.  The hay we were feeding was just basic grass hay, but apparently the combination of his feed and the amount of hay we were feeding was just not right for him.  We tried oats, beet pulp, probios and he was tested for parasites.  As a young calf this steer was always a little looser than the others.  I would definitely have him checked for parasites as was previously suggested. 
On another note we are feeding two more steers this year the same feed and essentially the same hay and neither one of them have a problem with it.   

LindseysMaine_Angus

My steer had that same problem. I did 40cc of pepto on a 600lb steer. It went back to pretty normal in a day or 2. I would definitly try it.