Fair's in 7 days pic of our steers

Help Support Steer Planet:

box6rranch

Wow, can't believe it's that time of year again. We have two steers my daughter is showing. I wish I could get the knack of taking good pictures. Both steers are nice and covered. The shorthorn is from our bull and his calf picture is my profile picture. The other is an Irish Whisky and Mossy Oak. He's just got beautiful jet black hair. How did everyone else do? I'll let you know our results next week. Would appreciate comments.

Attachments

• Tommy and calves 052.jpg
    Tommy and calves 052.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Tommy and calves 054.jpg
    Tommy and calves 054.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 189

OH Breeder

I like both calves and they look like they should fair pretty well. I think the black calf appears more balanced overral. The shorty looks like he might be carrying some front end but a nice calf. Good luck on your show.

RSC

Both are very nice calves and it looks like they were fed well!  I like the second one the best!  Deep through the Flank, Smooth through the frontend with a nice front(Less Brisket)!  Good Luck!

Tony

bjs

I don't think the judge will mind his brisket if he's finished, which he should be

Good luck!!!

Let us know how you do

box6rranch

Thanks everyone. On the shorthorn picture he's kind of scrunched up through the front. Hard to take a good picture when you are the only one home and your corrals and fields are ridiculously muddy. When he's extended the brisket doesn't appear as large but I definitely get what you are saying. The black steer is close to being one of the nicest we've ever had. We've been pounding the food to him, hopefully we can get him about 1230 before show.

TMJ Show Cattle

I like the black steer alot from his picture profile.Did you make a mistake by saying you hoped he would be at 1230lbs. at show time? If he is finished at 1239 lbs. he must be much smaller than his picture appears.

box6rranch

He's not huge framed. Can't feel any ribs now. Could probably come in around 1250-1275 but we aren't going to have that much time I'm afraid.