Fall Classic question about steers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmymom1

This will be the first year we show a  steer in the "baby class".  Do they classify the younger steers like that, or are they all just shown together and not by breed.  I know the progress steers are classified by breed,  but was just wondering about the prospect steers.

(thumbsup)  If anyone else will be there let me know so we can meet up.  We will show the prospect steer on Saturday and the Angus steer on Sunday!  Would love to meet some new planeteers in Waco!!  Lisa

Bradenh

they show the babies as american, british, and exotic like they do with big steers at the belt buckle. we MIGHT be up there with a yellow jacket, OR the american calf in my big show topic. hopefully we take the american since my exotic is a little big, would love to meet you and some more planneteers up there -braden house

Simmymom1

Thanks Braden for the help.  It just didn't say anywhere on the schedule where they classified the "baby steers", that is why I was confused!  I hope you bring that American, he sure looks nice!  Looking forward to meeting you there!  Lisa

chambero

We are breeding cows that weekend so we won't be going.  We'll see everyone at Ft Worth and Houston though, both steers and heifers this year

Simmymom1

chambero said:
We are breeding cows that weekend so we won't be going.  We'll see everyone at Ft Worth and Houston though, both steers and heifers this year

Better see you and the family in Fort Worth!!  Maybe Houston...have to see how the steer does in Fort Worth!  He is growing hair like crazy, you should see the setup we have.  We don't have a cooler room so we bought a chest sized freezer and fill it with water every day.  We then put a pump in the freezer and after we rinse the steer every day, we shock him with that freezing water.  We have to DRAG him to the wash rack every day...he hates that freezing cold water.  But man is growing some hair!!