Fall Classic

Help Support Steer Planet:

fineman

Is the Fall Classic in Texas just a waste of time. I have heard that the show is down to nothing?

chambero

Numbers have been down the last couple of years, but it's still one of the best.  Unfortunately we are in the middle of breeding cows and can't go

Bradenh

its a waste. winners are already decided down there and all thats going to happen is you get cheated out of your money. numbers are down for a reason and thats why we are spending the thanksgiving with family instead of the show friends this year

doublestuff

You have to go to win!! Calahan wiill do a good job and the cattle that are in the drive will all deserve to be there.

Bradenh

doublestuff said:
You have to go to win!! Calahan wiill do a good job and the cattle that are in the drive will all deserve to be there.
not exactly. i bet grand - fifth overall and 10+breed champs are standing under that big top tent out there. now they may be better. but it reaches a point to where why go when you know that sbcc is going to win the show because average joe 1. can never afford to buy a calf like that. and 2. who owns the association and is employing the judges? nothing against them i love em to death and it isnt cheating its logic. if your mama was paying my way to come judge. id pick you to. nothing biased but its simple economics

chambero

There are no better shows to gauge where you stand than the Belt Buckle and Fall Classic.  I was always taught if you could stand in the top five in your class in the tough breeds then you could have a chance to place well at the majors.

If you have the right calf, you can go home with a buckle from those shows.  Not every time, but if you stick with it you can get it done eventually.

Bradenh

now i do love the belt buckle bonanza. no funner show on earth and it seems like it is alot easier to be sucessfull up there (i won my class with a maine this past july). and if you go to just have fun then fall classic is a great show. but if you go to win right out of the gate then rethink your options. . . we just always pull out the stops and seem to get let down at fall classic so we had family time this year for the first time in 4 years.

JY

Really do think Callahan will not play games after that all the rest is questionable. Been to all but 3 Bonanzas, and this is the first Fall Classic to miss. Just don't subscribe to the behavior and
the way things are now.

nobody

This is an interesting topic.  We have never been but debated going this year. Opted not to...mainly because of money, but this shows negative reputation didn't help.

Telos

I enjoy the Fall Classic but only go as a spectator. Even though the numbers are down the quality is usually there.