Famous Bull - Rare Photo?

Help Support Steer Planet:

vcsf

Seeing the different pictures of Sugar Ray made me think of this photo of a differnent famous bull I came across the other day.  I only ever saw this photo used once.  Everyone should know the bull.  This photo appeared in a magazine when the bull was 2 years old.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 191

CJB

Has to be 734...Where did you find this photo?  I'd love to see the whole ad that it came from, if it came from an ad.  Thanks.

vcsf

Yes it is Meyer 734.  Like I said easy to figure out.  Just wondered if anyone had seen this picture used as I think he looks a bit prettier here than in his mature picture.  This came from a quarter page ad in the September 1991 Register (Simmental breed magazine) but it looks as if it may have been reproduced from "The National Livestock Exhibitor".  The quarter page black and white ad is not the easy to read in the magazine so I am not sure how a scan will show up here but will give it a try.

Attachments

• 734 ad.jpg
    734 ad.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 378

Jill

I wonder why they don't use that picture more, he looks way better there than he does in the mature pictures I have seen of him.

stangs13

I have some of my dads old semen books with quite a few different pictures of famous bulls from back in the day..including 734.

kanshow

$15 a unit sounds cheap now but back in those days, couldn't we get a lot of bulls bought for $6 - $10/unit? 

vet tech

personally, i like his older photo better....

Attachments

• cows2 003.jpg
    cows2 003.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 175

knabe

they probably wanted to emphasize the growth curve in the first picture back then.  it was a popular perspective.