Favorite clippers?

Help Support Steer Planet:

CMB

What are your favorite clippers to use for clipping legs, back line, etc? Small and handy clippers, what's the best? Cordless?

herefordfootball

My favorite are the Andis 2 speeds. I have a normal pair for at home and a pair of the lightspeeds for the shows. They are handy, reliable, and you can get parts and blades for them anywhere.

shortyjock89

I love the 2 Speeds for most everything, but I love the ole sheepsheads for Tails, heads, brisket, and if we're twining or bulding heavily, I like them to block out legs.

shortyjock89

TottenClubCalves said:
Andis 2 speeds with xblocks, they get the ole job done  ;D. That and premier sheepheads.

I haven't used X Blocks in a couple years, but I loved them when I used them. I really like my Super Blocking blades that Andi's puts out. Have you ever used both, and how would you say they compare if you have?

herfchic

I love the andis 2 speeds, they just fit great in my hand.  I use some old sheepsheads for heads.  I love the xblocks, but I generally use a medium blending blade for the tails and I will sometimes backdrag the necks with those also.

M Bar

These........

Attachments

• stewartclippers002.jpg
    stewartclippers002.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 190
  • stewartclippers002.jpg
    stewartclippers002.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 164

shortyjock89

McCauleyCattle said:
Andies with the light.

The shadows it throws doesn't bother you? I tried a set out once, and was terrified that I was gonna gouge the crap outta the calves because I couldn't see well with the light....that might just be years of clipping in the dark for ya!

McCauleyCattle

The light came in real handy when I was clipping out some calves last Friday... I was in the next town and was running out of day fast.... I was really happy I had a light...

But I have been clipping for years and years....  I have a clipper box with several types.... sometimes you just need a different one for the job.

ba

laube{sp}? micro mini or the lighting.They run faster than most .
X-block with the 10wide is all we use much anymore with maybe a
set of flat heads.

CMB

I use premier 3000 for clipping head and tail but was looking for a new small set. I see a lot of andis 2 speeds out there and I think they will be what I buy. Thanks for all the information.

Dero

My favorites are in this order Premier 4000S with 7112 combs and then the 2 speeds with x blocks

bcosu

i have andis two speeds and the wahl switchblades.

i prefer the switch blades when clipping a calf out because they are lighter and a little smaller and you can easily cradle them
however,
i prefer the andis when fitting because they run a little faster and i just seem to get along with them better with glue.

as for the x-blocks and the super blocking blades, i first had super blocking blades and liked them but had to buy a couple sets of x-blocks when i lost the super blocking blades. i now have two sets of each and prefer to use the super blocking blades. if you look at how thin the x-blocks are, they heat up faster and i am pretty sure they are made of a lighter metal and can only be re-sharpened a couple times.

i use both but mostly the super blocking blades

BCCC

I like my andis 2 speeds for glue, but I really like my set of Andis Groom Clipper for details.

TottenClubCalves

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
TottenClubCalves said:
Andis 2 speeds with xblocks, they get the ole job done  ;D. That and premier sheepheads.

I haven't used X Blocks in a couple years, but I loved them when I used them. I really like my Super Blocking blades that Andi's puts out. Have you ever used both, and how would you say they compare if you have?

I like the xblocks especially on legs theyre thinner so they get down alot better on that hock area. Also in my opinion there a little sharper but thats my opinion. I love to use them clipping but they're def not a bgeinners blade. So if i have a new calve or a cow that likes to move around in the chute or when tied I tend to us ethe super blocking

Hilltop

Anyone use cordless clippers at all at what do you think of them?????? There are some that are light and some that are heavy but the" heineger" and I probably spelt it wrong are the lightest we have found. We sometimes think they would be nice for show day.

shortyjock89

Hilltop said:
Anyone use cordless clippers at all at what do you think of them?????? There are some that are light and some that are heavy but the" heineger" and I probably spelt it wrong are the lightest we have found. We sometimes think they would be nice for show day.

The only use I can really think of for the cordless clippers is having them in the make up ring to touch something up really fast before going in the show ring.