Favorite Memories?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Lakeshore Show Cattle

Hi everyone, I am on our campus radio show each week talking about agriculture. I would like to know what everyone's favorite memory is from the farm, being from the county, showing, 4-H , etc. Please know I will be sharing some of these stories on the radio show.

Thanks
Rachel Erickson
University of Wisconsin-River Falls

knabe

showing at the LA county fairgrounds and camping right next to the exercise arena where the budweiser horses were exercised by a rider.  our team had grand champion steer and lots of peripheral activity.

american honey

My favorite memory was the Legislative Show that my best friend put on at the county fair. She invited all the Indiana Legislators to spend one day with a 4-H in every barn. I represented the  Sheep barn because they had enough of the cattle barn. The Legislators got to see how important agriculture was to us, and they also got to see how hard we worked. The Legislator got the chance to show in a open show, they showed heifers and steers. They where taught how to properly show, groom, and feed the cattle. It was a great learning experience and it really showed how passionate we are about agriculture!!

american honey

knabe said:
showing at the LA county fairgrounds and camping right next to the exercise arena where the budweiser horses were exercised by a rider.  our team had grand champion steer and lots of peripheral activity.

They came to our county fair last year during check in!!

justme

As a kid showing....its about the friends and fun in the barn.  Heck I couldn't tell you the place I had, but I could tell you who hung out with and what we did lol.

Also, my favorite thing after showing was after my calf was cleaned up, I loved to lie in the straw with him and take a nap.  Nothing like lying against a big old steer and both of us sleeping

herfluvr

Lakeshore Show Cattle said:
Hi everyone, I am on our campus radio show each week talking about agriculture. I would like to know what everyone's favorite memory is from the farm, being from the county, showing, 4-H , etc. Please know I will be sharing some of these stories on the radio show.

Thanks
Rachel Erickson
University of Wisconsin-River Falls

Hello,  please look up Chris Cummings on here.  He is worth sharing and has forever changed out family.