Favorite steer show.

Help Support Steer Planet:

stangs13

What is your favorite steer show? I am thinking about doing a major steer my senior year, and I was wondering what one you like most and why?

bcosu

the royal is really competitive but i think i prefer louisville. royal is also a little bigger  but to me louisville kinda has that legacy behind it.

oakview

I used to enjoy what was called the World Steer Show at the Iowa State Fair.  I believe it was open to anybody.  I remember the steers being led around and the judge just pointing at steers as they walked and gave them the gate.  The show had the reputation of an "anything goes" show and was very competitive.  I can't remember the last time they had one, though, probably been a while.

red

I always liked the final drive at the Ohio State Fair.

Since we show primarily heifers I don't pay a lot of attention to steer shows.

Red

Jill

Are you looking to be competitive or show for fun?
The Royal, Louisville and Denver are all open, but there are differences in them.  The Royal has a good sale, I think 25 steers sold this year and anyone can fit.  Denver has a good sale, but you have to fit and care for your steer yourself.  Louisville is open fitting, but only the top 2 sale, so really you have to decide which one fits your situation best.  I have been to all 3 and my choice would be the Royal.

stangs13

Well since it would be my last time showing for a while, I would like to be competitive. It is just an idea, and I am still a little ways from my senior year, but its always good to plan ahead! Denver and the royal where my original choices, but I just wanted some opinions from people who have been. Thanks for all ya'lls imput!

BCCC

You are in texas arent you?(I could be wrong) What about Fort Worth, and San Antonio?

box6rranch

I vote for the Royal. It's an amazing experience. Nice people, they unload your stuff and haul it to your space and the same when you leave. It's very competitive though.

yousesteers

We always liked the Royal seemed we always placed in the top half usually  in our class 3rd in class once thought it was good for the quality of cattle that are there  never made the sale though of course it is only 3 hours from home for me we took 4 or 5 steers up there mostly my sisters they also have a buyer that purchases steers after the show for market price if you dont want to take them back home we sold all the ones we took up there this way he was always fair

OH Breeder

Jill said:
Are you looking to be competitive or show for fun?
The Royal, Louisville and Denver are all open, but there are differences in them.  The Royal has a good sale, I think 25 steers sold this year and anyone can fit.  Denver has a good sale, but you have to fit and care for your steer yourself.  Louisville is open fitting, but only the top 2 sale, so really you have to decide which one fits your situation best.  I have been to all 3 and my choice would be the Royal.

You can sell your steer at Louisville. All the steers that opt to be sold at Lousiville sell. Granted it may not be much than market price. We showed 06 and sold our steer in the sale there.

afhm

I thought only the grand and reserve sold at Naile.  Living in Texas you are eligible to show at Fort Worth the greatest and toughest show in the world.  The quality runs extremely deep in every class.  If you want to feed the same age cattle as you do for the majors in Texas then consider Denver or Phoenix.

Latest posts