Attachments

• lilly 1 09 2011  rear.jpg
    lilly 1 09 2011 rear.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC03954.JPG
    DSC03954.JPG
    850.1 KB · Views: 180

Shorthorns4us

Is she expecting this spring?  What is her main job on your farm?  What will be her main job this spring?
And ditto from above- what is her current feed program?

cornershack

rackranch said:
What is your current feeding program?
SORRY I tried to post this five times and thought this was a fail too. 
HAHA therefore the spelling, duh.

she is on a calf grow ration 12% pro 3%  fat with an extra scoop of cracked corn and rolled barley, each (all weighs 25  per day) she is also getting enough hay that she is wasting some each day. she has good hair and is pretty easy going. not nervious.

cornershack

Shorthorns4us said:
Is she expecting this spring?  What is her main job on your farm?  What will be her main job this spring?
And ditto from above- what is her current feed program?
no not breeding her till spring sorry shes a 2010 baby. told you i was frustrated with this post i guess i was really out of it by this attempt.  we are showing her and she will become the second cow in my daughters "herd" hopefully to produce some good breeding / show calves of her own she comes from a show family. her sire is Sin City

CAB

Sounds like you could cut back on the hay and increase her intake of energy, but she looks like she's growing fairly well. What does she say on the scales. My Sin City's have been a little later maturing cattle and taller framed. She just may have to get to a point to where she is ready to put a little condition on for you.

kanshow

You could also increase the fat % in her ration to about 4%.  You can do that  by adding something a fat supplement that any of the major feed companies provide for cattle. 

thebulllady

She may be just growing "up" instead of putting on mass.  I have a Simmental heifer that is the same way.. she'll be good when she gets to her mature height. 

You have to remember, it's hard for a heifer to be "good" from weaning through 2 years old.  They all look better at different times in their maturity than others.  You may find that she's outstanding as a bred heifer.

cornershack

the breeder has kinda suggested that she maybe a later matureing kind and she is or was at 900# two weeks ago. her momma is a big girl. i have rice bran also not sure, the breeder also said we could add some corn silage. the dairy famers around here are slow to give it up. our beef leader has talked about a bypass fat product at meetings in the past, i've also noticed exhibtors this past week putting on what looks like calf milk replacer?
ok will pull some hay, she is getting two flakes twice a day.  the open calss judge liked her, said the class would have been differnt if she had not been as green. Jr judge said she was narrow made, sorry i disagree. when she would set up (which being in heat really hurt showmanship) she was one of the widest in the ring.

thanks