Feed question

Help Support Steer Planet:

tb

Does anybody knows who makes custom feed around eastern OKLAHOMA any input would be greatly appreciate

crushertown

Don't know how eastern you are but stillwater milling in Davis does.  They already make a really good show feed as well for 10.05 a bag.  They sell sure champ too lol. One stop shop for me LOL.

tb

I am located around the Muskogee and tahlequah area that sounds like a great price on feed wish I live closer thank you for reply

CAB

If you are only feeding a few head why don't you get an old cement hand mixer, buy the ingredients that you'll need and mix fresh feed daily for half of the cost and be able to adjust your ration as you go along the way that you would like to. Very easy to set up and do.

tb

There is really no where to buy the ingredients that I need I am only feeding two heifers right now

CAB

Have you cked out AAOK's ration here on the Planet. There is not anything in it that should be all that hard to come across. You may have to exchange an ingredient for something more available in your area, but a nutritionist should be able to point you in the right direction to similar feedstuffs. I think that PPL can learn much more about feeding real world from mixing your own while saving good amounts of money along the way. JMO.

crushertown

There's a stillwater milling in Claremore which is sixty miles from muskogee.  Stillwatermilling.com you can find out more.

GoWyo

We buy grain in 1400# totes, cottonseed hulls in 40# bags, rumensin pellets in 50# sacks and soybean oil in 5 gallon pails.  Use a drywall mud or mortar mixer on a drill to mix up to 20# at a time in a bucket.  Can add a little molasses too or other top dressings.

AAOK

Pretty sure there is a mill around Pryor. You can check out our mix on the Steer Planet front page Articles. PM for more

pjkjr4

I don't know if they're still in business, but Munding Milling is in Muskogee. Mid-America feeds is right along the highway in Talala (quite a ways, I know). Also, Big V is in McAlester, along with Adams True Value (at one time, they had a mill). As for the Stillwater Milling ration, they also have a store in Claremore that would have that particular ration, along with some bulk ingredients. Hope this helps.

tb

I will look into Stillwater mills in claremore and Pryor there is nothing open any more in muskogee as far as feed mill only a couple of feed stores thanks everybody

DLD

LNC has a location in Keota.  Might be farther away than you want, but the location in Chickasha keeps a couple of show rations on hand.  We feed quite a bit of it and like it a lot.  Though it's a little higher than our custom mix from Apache Co-Op, it's still a whole lot cheaper than any sacked show feed available around here.  They'll custom mix as well, but (here at least) there's a minimum of a ton at a time.

They might have the capability to sack it there, but here you need to be able to handle it in bulk - a self feeder or one of those nifty little bulk trailers work great.  We use an old pickup bed trailer, or the 1000# mini-bags aren't bad if you have a way to unload them, or a trailer you can just leave the bag on works, too.  I bet they'll deliver for a price, too.