Feeding Eggs For Hair Growth

Help Support Steer Planet:

okcc

Has anyone fed their calves eggs for a healthy hair coat and hair growth? If so How many do you feed/ day?

Jill

We've fed them to pigs when we are holding them.  Haven't ever tried them on cattle, but just remember they are very high in protein, be careful you don't end up with major runs.

ROAD WARRIOR

It's been a long time since I used eggs but if I remember right we fed 3 or 4 per calf. I don't remember it really growing much hair but it would add sheen and bloom. RW

BCCC

I've feed them to pigs in my holding ration, and also a couple weeks before show, just toss a couple in their feed and by show time there skin is in alot better condition, so I see no reason why it wouldnt do the same thing for cattle. Don't feed to many though, or they will get the runs, I would say 4 would be good.

bart22

Feeding eggs will help with the health of your calves skin and hair, but it won't help them grow more hair this time of year. So, you may better off just using some conditioner, vinegar, or a Revive type product after rinsing and working hair. Also, a lot of feed additives can achieve this same result without the guess work and in the long run probably cheaper.   

kcampbell

Hey Bart 22 what kind of feed additives are you referring to? molasses or gold coat oil?

bart22

hypopion said:
Hey Bart 22 what kind of feed additives are you referring to? molasses or gold coat oil?

I was referring to feed additives like: show bloom, Glu-Coat, Shag, and Shure Champ. These products have many benefits, but they all improve the health and quality of hair coat.