Feeding HSC Power Fuel??????

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

I have heard numerous people talk about using Power fuel,  what does the product do for you?  How long do you feed it?  The product says 8-32 ounces per day,  how much do you feed and why?

Give me your success story or lack of.

Tony

stangs13

We fed this to a heifer this year, and it was the only fat we offered. She has remained fresh, full, and bloomy, since the beginning. We continue to get complements on her great cover and just how fresh she appears in her condition. It provides great hair growth. Just like it does for pigs, you get great dimension, and mass, shes easily the most massive in the class. We love this product and so do the calves!

stangs13

OH Breeder said:
What is the price? How much does it cost you to feed one?

It really depends on how much cover you need/how fast you need it. I dont remember the price of the top of my head, but i think its only about 42 dollars for 30lbs. Well worth it IMO..

OH Breeder

stangs13 said:
OH Breeder said:
What is the price? How much does it cost you to feed one?

It really depends on how much cover you need/how fast you need it. I dont remember the price of the top of my head, but i think its only about 42 dollars for 30lbs. Well worth it IMO..

Ads say 16- 64 ounces or a 1lb to 4lb's a day is suggestion.
at 2lbs day 14 lbs a week so two weeks 30lbs last. $84 a month a head? right?
Definitely don't want to feed a bunch of it.

jlingle

We fed our steer 12 oz per day from September through January.  He did well.  You've gotta be very careful to watch the fat content of your feeding ration though.  If you get it up too rich, you'll force the calf off feed.  Don't ask me how I know....... ::)

debtramm

Daughter used this product on steer this past show season.  Worked great, affordable yet easy to handle (not messy like liquid supplements).  Just one recommendation -  once you start it, don't stop it, because their hair comes out like crazy.  Gator Mom

Hilltop

Did anyone that uses this use SHAG? Better or worse?? We have a pretty good steer this year that is home grown and want to do whatever we can to keep hair.

BCCC

Hilltop said:
Did anyone that uses this use SHAG? Better or worse?? We have a pretty good steer this year that is home grown and want to do whatever we can to keep hair.
Shag= Fail
Epic= Great

Where do you find Epic?  We just sheared all of our steers about 3 weeks ago and heard Epic is the product to use.  Also we used Power Fuel on a steer for 90 days last year and the product worked very well.  Awesome hair and great cover... will be using it again to push some of our steers...maybe even a heifer.