Felony

Help Support Steer Planet:

doublestuff

Just wanted others on this boards opinion on Derouchys 3/4 charolais 1/4 Maine bull felony, and what yal think he may work best on. I personally love the look and balance of this bull and think he could work wonders on shorthorn cows needing some more volume, thickness and circumference of bone to produce not only highly sellable show steers but coveted replacement females as well. What are yalls thoughts???

Show Steaks

I like the bulll alot just has the right look in my eyes too bad he wasn't a purebred.    and i can see how he would work in your scenario with the shorthorns

shortyjock89

I think he'd work good on Shorthorns in a situation where you don't need Purebred papers, but you might get some funny colored Red calves.  One of the very few complaints about this bull that I have is that he toes out on his front end a decent amount, make sure the cows you use him on are super sound.

GoWyo

We just AI'd a big-ribbed Irish Whiskey x Angus cow to him.  Hope it sticks so we can see what we get.

TMJ Show Cattle

I haven't seen Felony in person,but have talked to a few that have.They are really high on him. One of the guys who seen him is a stickler for soundness,as you should be,but didn't mention him being toed out.He will get alot of use on Shorthorns from what I've heard.