FINAL UPDATE FROM ROYAL Heifer difficult to setup and won't stand still in ring

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

Yes indeed-You were sandbagging tho-that's a professionally presented female and probably in the top ten i n the U.S.to stand up at a national show like the Royal-SOMEBODY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING LOL-to develop her like that. I hope you do it again,and FAR from a novice outing JMO.Thats a future doner. O0 O0

Sambosu

Mark, I promise you no sandbagging here. Yes my daughter has been showing for 4 years but until the past 18 months, we have been on our own and just doing ok at shows.

Our main success until this past OYE (market steer), has been at our county fairs shows. My daughter loves to show but due to some tough dealings with some adults in the show business was starting to not enjoy showing.  After she showed at her county fair this past September, she and I had a big talk and she decided to rededicate herself to getting her heifer ready for the Tulsa State Fair and American Royal. 

This heifer you are commenting on has not won breed or reserve breed champion at really any decent show and it has been discouraging because we have always thought very highly of this heifer.  Some of it had to be due to the heifer’s bad attitude in the ring. Since it seemed like the heifer was getting worse in the ring I wanted to ask those on this site for help. In regards to professionally presented, we were very fortunate to have a team of professionals fit her at the Royal, but everything else falls on my daughter for working extremely hard on this heifer's hair, showing her every day at home since the 3rd of September and advice from this forum.