Finally the Years of Work is Paying Off

Help Support Steer Planet:

BLSC

I must say that one of the best experience and feelings ever in the show cattle industry is when you have your first sale and its successful. After starting a 4-H project several long years ago and beginning my cow herd, we had our first real sale and boy was it a success. We had calves consigned to the WI State Shorthorn Private Treaty Sale and had the high selling heifer and steer. My family and I have put so much time and money into the show cattle and it's so nice that the cows finally paid for themselves this year. I truly hope we can continue this great tradition.

It is so true that Show Cattle help shape youth to be great young people, because I don't know where I would be without all of the people that helped get me to where I am today. I know youth hear it from judges all the time to thank those that help them, but this being my last year in 4-H, it finally set in. I will truly miss the youth shows that I went to, however I made so many good friends from across the country that I will continue to see for years to come.

It's hard to believe that just a few years ago my family would jokingly say that we had an overgrown 4-H project. But to those youth that truly want to make it in the cattle industry there is hope and try and take everything in and learn from the best you can. Patience, diligence, determination, hardwork, and smarts is what it will take. Good luck to all! Enjoy your experience! Take every moment in!