Finicky eating Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

EKC Farms

I have a finicky eating heifer. I need some ideas on how to increase her consumption. She weighs about 870#. She used to be my best eating heifer and now she's my worst. She gets fed 15#/day and out of that she eats 12#, when she really needs to be eating at least 18#. She doesn't seem sick either. I've tried mixing several different things in her feed with little success, she's on Sure Champ and I gave her a 3-day oral treatment of Vita-Charge, and have tried top dressing molasses on feed also. I'm open to any suggestions and thoughts. Thank you in advance!

money

whats here pedigree just wondering if any ali in it as ihave a picking one as well out of unstoppable. I had o go to a drier feed and Have her back to 18lbs a day. No fun fighting bad eaters.

rrblack78

we have only been showing calves a couple of years(broilers 6 years)and this past year our three calves gave us fits with being picky eaters. We tried all the supplements, all the pastes, all the pour ons including plain old maple syrup. What worked the best was changing feed. We switched the steer to heifer grower and the heifers to the show beef finisher. After a day we started to mix 50/50. It usually took three days to get them back to their ration. It drove us crazy. Seems like they took turns being pains in the backside.