Firewater Bull Question

Help Support Steer Planet:

Warrior10

Would anyone suggest/has anyone tried using the Charolais Bull Firewater in a club calf scenario? What types of females does he work on best?

dimebag

I flushed one of my Chi x Maine x Limy cows to him , just now put a few eggs in . I believe its going to work well !

Squeek

I think it would be interesting to see some females out of him and some Ohlde bred females. Then breed them back to some bulls like Monopoly or Walks Alone.

Till-Hill

Bought a Shortie hfr out of a Firewater cow the other day, got 2 other PB Char's in the bunch too. One was out of a LT Bluegrass cow. The Shortie x Firewater is the nicest of the 3 and I am going to use him this year for sure. Will put up some pic's as soon as I get them home for you.

Warrior10

Till-Hill said:
Bought a Shortie hfr out of a Firewater cow the other day, got 2 other PB Char's in the bunch too. One was out of a LT Bluegrass cow. The Shortie x Firewater is the nicest of the 3 and I am going to use him this year for sure. Will put up some pic's as soon as I get them home for you.

Thank You.

Sassy2899

My friend owns part interest in Firewater and she said to never use the bull on heifers, cause he throws such big calves.  Other than that he will work great on any cow, with his muscle tone and his correctness in balance throughout I believe he should through a hell of a smokie calve or add some color to calves. 

cowboybecoachin

Used him on a High Roller and an Angus. One steer is outstanding, huge bone, butt, top, smooth shouldered and great fronted. In a very attractive light yellow almost orange package. One of the best we have ever raised.

The other is very white, a little younger and very green (mom didn't milk great, and our pasture conditions have been beyond bad). I think he will come on and be a good prospect.