First baby of 2012!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowgurl101

Well, here he is....he's out of eye candy and a hairy x angus cow....welll, im hopin its eye candy....i think the amount of white he has is odd, and he was huge at birth...not my experience with Eye Candy. the only other bull it coulda been is Alias...idk. anyways, i love the lil bugger...tell me what ya think :)

Attachments

• 003 - Copy.JPG
    003 - Copy.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 009 - Copy.JPG
    009 - Copy.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 184

Warrior10

Good looking little calf! Quick question....how are you not sure which bull you AI'd with? Just wondering, never the less good luck with the calf!

Cowgurl101

well i was workin in New Zealand during breeding season, and i told Dad what i wanted the cow bred to, but sometimes his memory isnt the best, and he breeds angus, not clubbies, so the bulls mean nothin to him. i could jus see a mix up happenin wit me not bein around lol

Warrior10

Cowgurl101 said:
well i was workin in New Zealand during breeding season, and i told Dad what i wanted the cow bred to, but sometimes his memory isnt the best, and he breeds angus, not clubbies, so the bulls mean nothin to him. i could jus see a mix up happenin wit me not bein around lol

That makes sense! I wouldn't doubt he is an Eye Candy. Sometimes Eye Candy will throw some color much like your calf.

Cowgurl101

Yeah i havent seen many with that much white, but then again, idk what kinda colors are in the cows behind him either. and Alias prolly woulda jus made a smokey color of sorts if anythin, right? but i wasnt expectin a calf that big...116lbs, and the cow is pre small. and his bones/frame are pre big...i was expecting a more moderate lookin calf out of this pair...he looks like he's gonna grow!

frostback

rasor club calves said:
If it was an alias it would be smoky most likely. I'd guess you have nice eye candy with a good bit of chrome (good patterned too!) good luck.

Only 50% of Alias sired calves would be smoke when bred to a black cow.

kidsandkows

Nice calf! I was thinking of using Eye Candy a little this year n dont know much about him other than I ve seen a lot of nice calves by him. So has ur experience with him been more moderate birthweights (under 100 lbs). I have mostly small to moderate framed cows and I dont want to get to carried away.

Warrior10

kidsandkows said:
Nice calf! I was thinking of using Eye Candy a little this year n dont know much about him other than I ve seen a lot of nice calves by him. So has ur experience with him been more moderate birthweights (under 100 lbs). I have mostly small to moderate framed cows and I dont want to get to carried away.

You should be safe with Eye Candy. His BW are not usually that high. Im not saying you can use him on heifers but many people say 2nd calvers and up you will be fine.