first calf heifer......when to worrry

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmershane3

my first heifer was supposed to calve on the 6th, still have nothing on the ground. when should we start to worry if we should?

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

If she is bred then dont, she will have it when she is ready. Just hope u havent been feeding her too much and calf is not too big. If she was AI'd then any day now, if it was a bull then its all up in the air. Have all you stuff ready just in case something goes wrong though.

farmershane3

okay thanks, sick of playing this waiting game. hopefully it comes soon and everything goes smoothly

cpubarn

Good luck it is hard to wait.

Just keep and eye on her for changes, and have your stuff and the vets phone number ready.

Then keep us up to date.

Mark

forbes family farms

We had a cow have a calf that weighed 140 pounds. She was bigger than a barn i wish i would of done something sooner but i didn't. The good news is mama and baby are doing really wel.l Very nice show calf and mama is milking really well. So its all up to what you want to do i just thought i could tell you my experience.  ;)

Ms Ray

OLD WORLD SHORTIE said:
If she is bred then dont, she will have it when she is ready. Just hope u havent been feeding her too much and calf is not too big. If she was AI'd then any day now, if it was a bull then its all up in the air. Have all you stuff ready just in case something goes wrong though.

how much is too much to feed?  I have been told 3 different  things by three different people?  I am worried we are feed too much

farmershane3

well she calved to today, little bull calf about 60-70 pounds or so. not taking to the milk right away buut he had it once

Latest posts