First Show Bull... Opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

jamesgang892

This is my first show bull. He is out of a commercial cow and the herd bull that sired many of the steers we have available. Please tell me what you think.

Thanks,
Brady

Attachments

• 195 Bull 2 Internet.jpg
    195 Bull 2 Internet.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 195 Bull 8 Internet.jpg
    195 Bull 8 Internet.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 195 Bull Internet.jpg
    195 Bull Internet.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 188

SFASUshowman

I tend to agree...he is a super thick, very nicely boned kinda calf...I really like the natural base width he has...and he is pretty "showy" in his type...but for me to leave one a bull that has no papers he really has to make me say WOW and I cant find any holes...with this guy being out of a commercial cow, and me not knowing the bloodlines on his sire, added to legs that are a little to straight for me...I would have to say that I would also be offering this one as a steer prospect to someone...but thats just my opinion...if he is the type you like to raise then go for it and good luck with him...I would make sure anything he possibly breeds to in the future though is extremely sound and not really worry about their muscle...looks like he may take care of the muscle all by himself!

jamesgang892

He is an About Time by our 641 donor which goes back to Meyer and the commercial cow that this bull is out of has Fore Play possibly in her background.

CANsteer

good bone size, clean fronted and plenty of thickness. nice side profile

BadgerFan

He's not without flaws, but none of them are, don't let them fool you.  Get some feed in him and Charge on, Brady.

jamesgang892

Oh I know he's not perfect, but I have no doubt about his soundness. A picture only says so much. Most cattle do look better in person than in a picture. Thanks everyone for telling me your opinion it's much appreciated.

Brady