Fitting a heifer need to make her more feminine

Help Support Steer Planet:

88AG

What do you do for blow and go shows to make a heifer more feminine? She is a simmi and is a little bold in her shoulder. Thanks for any help you can give us.

flacowman

a good clip job and play with the hair combing it and pressing it down and different directions etc...every calf is different in how their hair works so just try a few things out at home

TottenClubCalves

get that shoulder down as tight as possible but leave a little hair to blend that line out. That really the only thing you can do. even when fitting you don't put glue in there shoulder. I would use a coarse blade that oster makes and peel all the hair back to about halfway down her kneck to really clean that up and make her front look long and extended. After that I would re-rinse her kneck, the reason for this is the carse blade leaves 3/16 of an inch of hair and when you re rinse it and blow it out it gets that little bit of fuzz to stand up and helps blend into her shoulder better. Depending on how she acts in the chute it could take you a couple sessions but really focus on getting that shoulder honed in. If she breaks pretty hard take it down tight right before the break in her shoulder and then fade that hair that you left after into where the coarse blade ended. If you have any questions or don't understand something just pm me I would be glad to help.