Fitting Classes

Help Support Steer Planet:

steerkid21

Looking for any Fitting Classes or Fitting teaching around Northwest, Iowa.  I realize I may have to travel quite a ways to attend, but I believe the travel is worth it.  Thanks for any information.

AAOK

The only way to become a better Fitter is to practice. But, you have to know what you're doing. Go to all the Shows you can and watch how the best Fitters do all the different areas. Everyone has their own style and ways they go about the Show day fitting. Personally, I think learning & perfecting your clipping technique is tougher and more important than Fitting. My advice for both; begin with the end in mind!

paj315

Check on Sullivan's website under Stock Show University and look for upcoming clinics near you. We are planning on attending one here in NW Indiana in December . The good thing is they are free and Sullivan's has one of their trailers there so you can get supplies during the clinic. If there aren't any of those within driving distance check out Kirk Stierwalt's website and see if he has any clinics close to you. But the biggest thing is practice. My dad has a really easy going feeder calf that is like a puppy and he has lots of hair so we broke him to tie and that's what I practice on then if I screw up its not a big deal he's just a feed lot calf.