flex in pasturns?

Help Support Steer Planet:

rasor club calves

Well, saturday we went to an area show and we had a very unconsistent judge, and he says my calf doesn't have much flex in its pasturns. what does this mean , how can i help it

fed_champions

The pastern is in between the hoof and the dewclaw. a steer with little or no flex in his pasterns is usually referring to a structural problem. But sometimes it is believed that a steer who pops in his pasterns is at a nutrient deficiency, and can be helped with a mineral block

CAB

rasor club calves said:
Well, Saturday we went to an area show and we had a very inconsistent judge, and he says my calf doesn't have much flex in its pasturns. what does this mean , how can i help it
Some PPL think that a selenium bolus will help,or other selenium supplement. Is does refer to your calf being a little too straight in his structure and not being able to reach out and fill his tracks.

nmsteerjoc

I was going to ask the same question.  My little brother has a calf that hits his track with no problem at all, but when watching him walk I can see that he seems stiff in his pasturn he does not pop but just looks stiff.  Is there anything to do for this?

zak

I have had good success using the selenium bolus. I got the bolus from the add on the left side of the page that says "want hair" they  sell them on there and you only need one per year.