Flights

Help Support Steer Planet:

fluffer

Hey guys,
I saw tonight that Skybus has filed bankruptcy.  They say you can get your money back on flights booked though Sept.  I know some of you had fights planned this summer with Skybus.  I assume that most of you already know, but thought I would pass along the message.

Good Luck

Fluffer

red

yes, both Justme & I were scrambling. She flew out this week so it was really critical for her. We both got flights. she paid only a little extra & had to pay double.

We also already got our refunds!

thanks, it was a shock!

Red

justme

I was scheduled to fly on skybus on Wed.  thank goodness Red seen it on the news.  I've yet to see it on ours.  I suggest people try priceline.com I named my own price and it was great.  You just have to go with the flight they give you but hey to save a $100 or more its worth it! (thumbsup)

jason

I have also had good luck just going to the airlines website after I found them the rate on Priceline.  I usually just go to southwests website.

red

I haven't flown since 911 so a little nervous. In fact I'm a bad flier period! Can you say valium?
I'm wondering how my pacemaker & Vagus nerve simulator will react during the scan! I'm wired to the max!!!!

Red

fluffer

red said:
I haven't flown since 911 so a little nervous. In fact I'm a bad flier period! Can you say valium?
I'm wondering how my pacemaker & Vagus nerve simulator will react during the scan! I'm wired to the max!!!!

Red

Hahahah, I am right there with ya Red!!!!!  I am a nervous reck when I fly.  I bet I said the loards prayer 10 times when we came home from Denver a few weeks ago, I also think I hepled that piolet land that plane too  :eek:  It was a little bumpy to say the least.  My husband who has nerves of steele even grabbed his seat one time and said "thats never happened before"
The flight out was fine- but I cheeted and took some anxiety meds  ;D  I try to get by without them. but I was suffering from food poisning at the time and I knew if I didnt' get sick from that I would get sick worrying about that, so I took the drugs.

You will be fine when you fly!  You will probably have to get the wand b/c you will set off the metal detector, but no biggie.  Are you flying out of Columbus?  We always fly out of Dayton and its a breeze.
Good Luck!

steermaker

Got caught up in the whole mess last week.  Even though I was booked on United wound up stuck in Chicago (O'Hare) last Thursday.  Waited in line with a number or my "closest friends" for ~2.5 hours to get rebooked on a flight the next day.  Sad part is I paid nearly as much for night in a hotel there as it cost for 3 nights in Loiusville earlier in the week.

I usually don't travel to Chicago and attempt to avoid O'Hare whenever possible.

oakbar

I fly a lot and I try to avoid OHare whenever I can.  I may be snake bit but it seems like every time I go through Chicago something bad happens---weather, delays, overbooked, etc.  I don't really like Detroit that much either although I don't have as much experience there.    Dayton is a very nice smaller airport as is Grand Rapids, MI and they both have direct flights to Minneapolis which works for me.

red

groan, that's my lay over!

hate, hate hate it!! Valium, where are you?!!!!

chambero

I fly quite a bit now.

When I was little, you used to dress up to go to the airport.  Now you need to wear your pajamas with slippers to make it easier to get through security.

fluffer

Hahah,
Your right!  I flew in Feb. with my hubby and 18mo.  I wore my tennishoes.  That was a PAIN trying to get my shoes tied and keep the 18 mo from running off and keep all my stuff together.  So in March when we flew I wore my cowboy boots- Much easier!!  Slip on slip off- don't know why I didnt' think of that earlier! 

minimoo38

just recently i had my first flying experience. i went to Mexico for my Spanish class trip, and we had a flight from Omaha to Houston and then Houston to Merida, Mexico. we flew in the dark, and had a lot of turbulence on both flights. i was pretty nervous, but it wasn't that bad.  ;D

doubled

red said:

Red

Hehe you sound just like me, I hate to fly, I count on my fingers by minutes for the duration on the flight, thank goodness I never have flown more than 2 hours at a time.
I shut my eyes, count and pray. Everyone at work makes fun of me.  They usually bang on the windows and talk about how only plastic and air are between me and the world.
hehe

doubled

minimoo38 said:
justamom said:
They usually bang on the windows and talk about how only plastic and air are between me and the world.

AAHHHH. that's not very nice of them at all.   ;) ;D

I didnt think so at the time either, its ok now though- I am just a weenie when I fly, all I can think of is how Im gonna die. 
I dont even like ladders or elevators. 

OH Breeder

oakbar said:
I fly a lot and I try to avoid OHare whenever I can.   I may be snake bit but it seems like every time I go through Chicago something bad happens---weather, delays, overbooked, etc.   I don't really like Detroit that much either although I don't have as much experience there.    Dayton is a very nice smaller airport as is Grand Rapids, MI and they both have direct flights to Minneapolis which works for me.

I am with you on this one. Every time I fly to or through Detroit my clothes disappear. I have had to buy new wardrobe becuz of this. I try to fly through the other airport in Chicago and stay out of O'Hare. Same with LAX- go BUrbank or Orange County. Columbus is a breeze as well as Dayton.