For those who enjoy Yellow Tail wines

Help Support Steer Planet:

kanshow

The thing is Sammmy, they are organized, they have a huge budget - acquired in part by misleading those who donate to them, AND they have an agenda which will adversly affect anyone who has an animal for production or for pet.    They cannot be ignored. 

justme

There is a group on facebook that is called Boycot Yellow Tail Wines.  I made my post.

OH Breeder

Sammmy said:
Now I agree with a lot of the comments about how the humane society is somewhat in left field with some of their programs but not as far as say PETA is- but folks they do a lot of good too - most of the people on this board take better care of their animals than a lot of children that we see, so their feathers are ruffled a bit and I understand and I am too about some of the things they bring up - but we must admit  it is nice to see some agency step in to help take care of the abused and neglected horses for instance that are all over the country as well as other abused companion animals that need someone to care for them - and we must admit that our dairy farmer brothers often do make a complete mess of caring for livestock on concrete and most of the stories/videos are of dairy animals either veal or downer cows - I for one will not eat veal - I just went to the humane website and watched a video on there that I know is probably pretty common in the veal industry - we must admit that veal are not very well cared for, particularly the ones fed the iron-deficient diet to get the really pale meat that brings top dollar - I agree that confinement for stupid little dairy calves in huts or chained is cruel - none of us like the emotional appeal that they use to bring in the big bucks that is addressed to urban dwellers that enjoy steak or burgers or hot days or eggs but don't grasp the reality of the processing in the food chain for any meat animal - but that is just the way that it is and I really doubt that Yellow Tail bottled in Australia gives a crap how many cattlemen drink their wine -

Remember many local Humane societies taking care of abandoned animlas etc ARE NOT affilitated with Humane Society of United States. Two different entities. In Fact many of the local animal shelters get NO benefit from HSUS. 

LN

Now there is a fan page on facebook called "Yellow Fail" if anyone is interested in joining.

Show Heifer

Read the book "Eating animals"... (For Heavens sake, go to the libary to read it... DO NOT actually BUY the book!)... you will soon realize the hsus and peta are walking hand in hand. One quote from the book is "peta is willing to almost anything legal to advance their cause..."  WHAT???????  Thats a joke right???  Do they do ANYTHING LEGAL?  I just heard a story from a fella who has connections to a rancher who used to lease a very large chunk of public land.  His gates were opened to let cows out. Chains were cut to let cattle out onto the roadway. And.... (get this) the animal rights groups would lay large patches of thick leather with horse shoe nails pointing up by the water troughs so that the cattle would step on them, crippling them, so they couldn't walk. Many died due to their lack of ability to walk. How is ANY of that LEGAL?  
How is throwing red paint on fur coat wearers LEGAL?  How is funding the terrorist group alf so that they can bomb MI ST lab legal???  

I encourage all of you to voice your opinions...to any and all corperations that make these hideous donations.

Doc

Wayne Pacelle Quotes
“If we could shut down all sport hunting in a moment, we would.”
— Associated Press, Dec 1991

“We are going to use the ballot box and the democratic process to stop all hunting in the United States ... We will take it species by species until all hunting is stopped in California. Then we will take it state by state.”
— Full Cry magazine, Oct 1990

“We would be foolish and silly not to unite with people in the public health sector, the environmental community, [and] unions, to try to challenge corporate agriculture.”
— “Animal Rights 2002” convention, Jul 2002

“Our goal is to get sport hunting in the same category as cock fighting and dog fighting.”
— Bozeman (MT) Daily Chronicle, Oct 1991

“We have no ethical obligation to preserve the different breeds of livestock produced through selective breeding ...One generation and out. We have no problems with the extinction of domestic animals. They are creations of human selective breeding.”
— Animal People News, May 1993

Simmimom

I haven't really thought out my reponse here, so don't jump all over me, but...  Humane Society has plus and minuses.  They were great when they worked with me to get my neighbors two abused (starving) horses seized.  We also have been foster "parents" to a gelding that was seized by them (only horse left standing) for the last 2 years.  He has been a "life saver" for our geriatic mare who was moping because of the loss of her companion. At our local  level they seem to try hard to serve animals.  I do think they are misguided when they make adopters promise to never butcher any of the farm animals.  I think they could get rid of lots of the chickens, goats, and pigs for example.  On the other hand, I wouldn't be getting calls asking me to foster more farm animals (especially horses) if they hadn't advocated the closure of horse slaughter in the US.  On another note, my child works for a zoo in the US (I don't want to create problems so won't say where) and they now IMPORT horse meat for the carnivores (beef doen't meet their needs).  So much for growing/ supporting our own economy.

DL

Simmimom said:
I haven't really thought out my reponse here, so don't jump all over me, but...  Humane Society has plus and minuses.  They were great when they worked with me to get my neighbors two abused (starving) horses seized.  We also have been foster "parents" to a gelding that was seized by them (only horse left standing) for the last 2 years.  He has been a "life saver" for our geriatic mare who was moping because of the loss of her companion. At our local  level they seem to try hard to serve animals.  I do think they are misguided when they make adopters promise to never butcher any of the farm animals.  I think they could get rid of lots of the chickens, goats, and pigs for example.  On the other hand, I wouldn't be getting calls asking me to foster more farm animals (especially horses) if they hadn't advocated the closure of horse slaughter in the US.  On another note, my child works for a zoo in the US (I don't want to create problems so won't say where) and they now IMPORT horse meat for the carnivores (beef doen't meet their needs).  So much for growing/ supporting our own economy.

I believe that you are confusing the HSUS (Humane Society of the US) with your local human society - a common mistake which allows the PR savvy celebrity holding little dog advertisements to obtain huge amounts of money under the guise of "taking care of little doggies and kitties".

THE GOAL OF HSUS IS THE ELIMINATION OF ALL DOMESTIC ANIMALS

HSUS IS NOT AN ANIMAL WELFARE ORGANIZATION - THEY DO NOT SAVE ANIMALS - THEIR MONEY GOES PRIMARILY TO LAWYERS AND LOBBYISTS (CHECK OUT THEIR LATEST FINANCIAL STATEMENT)

aj

We are a country that takes better care of animals than most countries can take care of human children. There are so many people who don't understand the world or life in general. It really gets alittle goofy.