Ford F250 7.3L 4x4 FOR SALE 2002

Help Support Steer Planet:

BadgerFan

I don't think they put the 4.10 in a single rear wheel, only the dually.  I'd guess it has the 3.73 but could be higher based on the 16-18 mpg Dan reports. 

showsteerdlux

4.10 was in the srw quite commonly in the 250.  Running 2500 rpm's @ 70 I'd lean towards 3.73 but I dont think any higher. We've had a 4.10 in srw is the reason I know they put it in, and alot of our neighbors have the combination also.

jason

I would guess the 3.73.  You see quite a few trucks today with 20" rims factory, all that does is cost you more in tire replacement. 

BadgerFan

knabe said:
look on the drivers side door for the gear ratio.  there's a little tag with vin and stuff and what air pressure you should put in your tires and not what the tires themselves say.

I see the air pressure and stuff, but how can you decipher the gear ratio from this tag?

AAOK

BadgerFan said:
knabe said:
look on the drivers side door for the gear ratio.  there's a little tag with vin and stuff and what air pressure you should put in your tires and not what the tires themselves say.

I see the air pressure and stuff, but how can you decipher the gear ratio from this tag?

Same here.  I had looked at the door tag for more info before listing.  Nothing much there.

DLD

BadgerFan said:
knabe said:

There should be an "axle code" on this tag - if you'll look in the owners manual, it'll have a chart to decode it.  I know where there's one online, too, but the site it's on is moving really, really slow this morning. 
I'd bet on it being a 3.73 - I know the 4.10's were an option, but you don't see 'em much around here, especially with the manual transmission.

Edit to add;
These are the axle codes for F250  (codes are different for F350)
axle code 31 indicates non-limited slip 3.73, code C1 indicates limited slip 3.73,
code 32 indicates non limited slip 4.10, C2 indicates limited slip 4.10

AAOK

DLD said:
BadgerFan said:
knabe said:
These are the axle codes for F250  (codes are different for F350)
axle code 31 indicates non-limited slip 3.73, code C1 indicates limited slip 3.73,
code 32 indicates non limited slip 4.10, C2 indicates limited slip 4.10

Best I can determine, it's a 3.73 Limited slip.

AAOK

bump

Still Available - Lots of interest, but most are unable to get a loan :-\

AAOK

Vajgrt Angus said:
i would give u 12,000

Great!  And, I would take it right out of your hand, as long as I could get another $5000 from your other hand. ;)

AAOK

BIG Ice Storm on the way.  We are predicted to get 1" - 2" of ICE tomorrow.  Sure glad I haven't sold this truck.  Looks like I'll need that 4WD for the next few days.