Fort Worth?

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

itk said:
How is the bull doing? Won't make it to Denver if you got a picture I would like to see how he is doing.

It was so beautiful here on Sunday....had him all washed and blown...forgot a picture!!  We will get a real one at Denver!!

LinZ

I'll be there with 5 Simmentals Jan 28th thru Feb 1. Pretty excited since it's the host of the National Simmental Show this year..

LinZ

NHR

Coolers are allowed however cooking devices are not allowed, neither are margarita machines (darn).

shortyjock89

stangs13 said:
what is not allowed there? Are fans ok?

I think you would certainly be fine with fans. I'm not from Texas, but I've never heard of a show saying specifially that you couldn't bring fans. 

NHR

stangs13 said:

Fans are allowed at the open shows but are not allowed at the junior shows.

shortyjock89

I stand corrected....that's pretty crazy.  A show in Texas that won't allow fans.  I bet the facilities must  be nice then!

kimbaljd

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
stangs13 said:

I think you would certainly be fine with fans. I'm not from Texas, but I've never heard of a show saying specifially that you couldn't bring fans. 

I read on the FWSS website that fans were not allowed in the barn for the Junior Breeding Beef show.

kimbaljd

stangs13 said:
Ok, thanks. It should be cold enough there I wont need any fans..I am pretty excited about going.

A friend of mine showed up there about ten years ago and said it was always cold up there, but the barns are inside and have heat. Sounds like a good time to camp inside at the showbox and keep warm.

chambero

Cant do without blowers at a hair show.  But you can the fans.  Thats why they eliminated them. 

fieldscattle

The only barn that has heat that is the Moncrief or barn 5.  Cattle barns 1 thru 4 are not heated and wash racks are small.  The simmys with their National show will be in barn 5.  We like the old barns (1-4) because they are old and more opened and cooler temperature wise and are better for the cattle.  You are also closer to the cinnamon rolls.

chambero

Amen on the cinammon rolls.  I prefer the old barns also, except for trying to get a steer to the show arena when its raining or snowing or there is ice on the ground.  I have walked them right up the front walkway before.