FSF Conerstone Females

Help Support Steer Planet:

jsuhr

I have a larger framed and whats turned into be a little bit leggy Cornerstone heifer, and I'm just wondering what others have used that have clicked in the past? I'd like to add some rib on her offspring as well, but generally just looking for what has worked. Thanks.

shortyjock89

Roan Blast or Asset if you want to stay PB. Damn Proud is probably another decent choice too.

Dale

Has she been tested for DS?  Some of the bulls suggested carry one or more recessive genes.  I did not look up the third bull on the ASA animal search.

Dale

Two of the bulls are double carriers, but not for the same 2 recessives.  The other bull is a carrier of DS.  Back in the pedigree of one of these 3 bulls there is a triple carrier. 

shortyjock89

Good catch.  I didn't even think of that aspect of it.  We test all of our animals, and cull all PHA or DS carriers. 

I still think everything is a carrier for something.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

Your heifer is becoming more trump bred. I would go JPJ on the heifer for her first calf.  Cows I would go CF primo or Sull Da Vinci code maybe even some Cf Phoenix. Of course thats if you want to show.

jsuhr

I was looking into MAV Bellringer, Saskavalley Yesterday 116Y or A&T Renegade on her first calf. For some reason Yesterday's reg.# wouldn't work when I looked him up, but this was roughly the direction I was thinking about.

Doc

RSJ said:
I was looking into MAV Bellringer, Saskavalley Yesterday 116Y or A&T Renegade on her first calf. For some reason Yesterday's reg.# wouldn't work when I looked him up, but this was roughly the direction I was thinking about.

2 others to look at is Lakeside Nitro and KOLT Kane Nitro.