FSIS furlough

Help Support Steer Planet:

obie105

What have any of you guys heard about this? I read about it about a month ago when it first came out. It could have a huge impact on many people. I worry for not just the farmers and ranchers selling, the people that won't be able to access meat, all of the workers at the packers, and the people out there like my husband that haul livestock for a living. 95% of what he hauls goes to slaughter. Here is a link to the article published today.

http://beefmagazine.com/blog/some-suggest-fsis-furlough-would-solve-america-s-health-problems

Tyler

I think we should start with cuts that do not affect the private sector...like quit paying our congressmen/women

The government would never do that though they want us to feel the cuts so we keep on thinking we need them

knabe

How about competition for them?

Allow smaller processors and let public decide.

Really it's all a coordinated scam by Obama to say the government can't cut anything and they will use the media to get the message out and the media is more than happy to comply since they all belong to the democrat party anyway.

Goebbels would be proud.

firesweepranch

This will effect so many people, it is unreal. My husband is an EMT at a very large poultry processing plant (they process 500,000 birds a day). If the furlough occurs,  many people will be out of a job. No USDA inspectors at the facility means no killing birds. No killing birds means no need to come to work. They run three shifts, so operate around 24 hours a day. There are thousands of people that work there..... it will make a huge impact. We will feel it, since that is where his paycheck comes from  :-\

SWMO

I agree Knabe.  I think that this is just another scare tactic being used by ALL the politician in Washington.  Scaring John Q Public has worked for the past four years and will probably continue to work.  Just wondering how long Washington and the news media can continue to cry wolf before we as a country wake up and realize that there are lies and there are damn lies and very little truth that comes out of that part of the world.